iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

(Claxton) Southern Supreme Fruit Cake Time

Started by Magicman, November 23, 2015, 07:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Yeah and as I remember it is labeled on the city limit signs also.

Only time I remember going there was when I was stationed at Parris Island and they sent a detail of us there to bury an old Marine who had died.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 31, 2016, 09:14:58 PM
Quote from: customsawyer on January 31, 2016, 05:12:18 PM
The wife and I took a short Harley ride today. Happened to go through Claxton. Went right by the factory where they are made.

Should I be looking for a little something in the mail?  ;D
Yea let me know when it gets there.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

sandsawmill14

Quote from: samandothers on January 11, 2016, 08:33:03 PM
Well, I like grits but not with fruit cake!
i thought grits went with everything ??? :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

It is with great sadness that I report that I ate the last slice of Collin Street Fruit Cake after supper tonight.   :'(

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

If it had not been fruit cake it might not have lasted this long!  You did make it last.

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on February 01, 2016, 11:44:48 PM
Quote from: samandothers on January 11, 2016, 08:33:03 PM
Well, I like grits but not with fruit cake!
i thought grits went with everything ??? :)

I like grits and with many things... I must admit I don't want them with Fruit Cake.    Well maybe during the meal prior to the fruit cake.

pineywoods

DanG Magic, how did you make it last so long ?Mine's been gone long ago. Oh, I forgot you had TWO of em  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

Yes, I did have two Collin Street's, plus a still have a couple of slices of the Southern Supreme that Buck sent me.  I have been stretching them out and I am gonna hate to see it gone.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buck

Claxton displays are going up Magicman. Thought about you today when I saw the stand.  Almost time to get your fruitcake fix.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Magicman

Thanks for remembering Buck.  It will not be Claxton but it will be Southern Supreme this year thanks to the one that you sent me.  Actually it should be labeled a nutcake instead of a fruitcake. 

Savannahdan

Guess I need to make a trip to Claxton and pick up a cake or 2.  They also have pecan rolls, turtle type treats and other goodies.  Our pecan trees got hit hard with Hurricane Matthew.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

The UPS delivery guy stopped by for a visit today. ;)

OK, it was not actually to visit but to deliver a package from Southern Supreme   food6

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looks like you cut a tenon on the right side.  :D

Magicman

Buck

I've been driving by there on my way to the deer lease. I'm gonna have to detour due to the craving.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Magicman

WV Sawmiller

I bought 2 1 lb cakes Claxton FCs at a Harris Teeter in Charlotte NC last night. I need to get a couple gallons of milk and prepare to devour them when I get home. I really like the dark kind but rarely find it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

rjwoelk

Wv sawer  just past your area, I am in Rock hill for night, unloading in columbia sc in the morning.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Magicman

Back in January of this year I conducted my own Fruitcake Shootout.   :D

coxy

MM i shur hope your not getting to fruity eating all that fruit cake  :D :D

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: rjwoelk on December 05, 2016, 01:05:40 AM
Wv sawer  just past your area, I am in Rock hill for night, unloading in columbia sc in the morning.

Actually we were just down for a short visit and I am back home in Hinton WV now. You were camping in Dave Post's neighborhood there at Rock Hill.

My free lance photographer wife went down as the volunteer photographer to take Santa pictures at the Camp Care Annual Christmas party and I was a general flunky helping get everything set up. Our daughter lives there and works at the Levine Children's Hospital and volunteers a lot of her time with the Camp Care annual cancer camp where kids with cancer (past and present patients) and their siblings go to camp and to events like this Christmas party. Its a great event and this is our second year as the photographer.

We hit the Indian restaurant (Bombay Grill) the first night worked the party all day yesterday, wife shopped today and we got home a few minutes ago. Stop by and see me the next time you are in this area but don't expect me to hold you a piece of Claxton fruitcake.
Howard Green

rjwoelk

Will do . I am on my way to colonial heights va for loading tomorrow.
Merry Christmas.
Bob woelk
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

WLC

Well, my wife broke down and ordered us a Collin Street fruit cake today.  Probably wont make it before Christmas, but that's ok by me.  I love em and haven't had one in a long time.

Funny story of how I came about getting to eat my first Collin Street fruit cake:  Fella I worked with for nearly 20 years was named Bill.  We shared an office in the lab where we both worked for the US Forest Service in a research facility.  We had been out in the field one day and on returning to the office he found a package on his desk.  It was simply addressed Uncle Bill and Aunt Dolly @ the Lab's address minus the street number or any mention of the lab, Forest service etc.  He was the ONLY Bill in the whole lab.  He calls the Post Office about the mis-delivery who picks it up the next day.  Two days later it is back on his desk.  He calls again and was told that they had no one or no where else that came close to attempt delivery.  We decided to eat it.  Best fruit cake I've ever put in my mouth and they have had a couple of fairly regular customers over the years because of a mis-addressed package. 
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Thank You Sponsors!