iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Resharp Question

Started by pnyberg, April 19, 2011, 07:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pnyberg

Packing up a flat-pak of 15 1-1/4" blades to send back to the WM Resharp service doesn't take very long, but it's not one of the enjoyable tasks in keeping the business running.  On the plus side, at least it can be done indoors.  But, I wonder if I'm making it harder than it needs to be.

The Resharp shipping instructions show a nice picture of a flat-pak box that's obviously never been shipped before, and tell you to just stick your ARS label onto the box.  But generally any box being sent to Resharp has already been shipped at least once (that's how the blades got to you in the first place).  So the box has 3 or 4 stickers on it from previous shippings. 

My question is, to what extent do I need to remove or cover the old stickers?

There's the main shipping label with the name and address of the sender and recipient, and I usually try to cover the old one with the new one.  But there are usually at least two other stickers as well, and I've been carefully removing these as best I can before giving the box over to UPS again.  Are there any opinions out there as to whether this is really necessary?

Thanks,
    Peter
No longer milling

sst04

Whenever I re-use a box, if the old sticker can not be removed, I color it with a Black marker.

Dave Shepard

I've always been able to put the new ARS on top of the old one. I often put clear packing tape over it, as they sometimes don't like to stick.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

I don't think that there is a simple answer.  WM sprays brown paint over them, I just pull off as much as I can and slap the new one on.  I do not try to place a sticker where oil is showing through.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I'll suggest as MM alluded to!

Just spray paint over the old stickers!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

UPS uses by barcodes, make sure all of the old ones are covered or torn off.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Norm

Just use a black permanent marker on the old ones. It's more for the delivery guy than anyone as the codes are such they ignore the old ones at the sort facilities.

pnyberg

I never noticed WM spray painting old labels, but I like the idea.  I'll look for a can of 'cardboard box brown' the next time I'm in Home Depot.

--Peter
No longer milling

Magicman

You could also call ReSharp and ask what they use.  It covers well (doesn't soak in) and I'll bet that it is quick drying.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red oaks lumber

just a black marker swiped thru the old label is all thats needed, some of my boxes look like the bumper of the old tourist stationwagon all covered in bumper stickers! until ups tells me to change boxes keep going.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!