iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I have an unknown tree for identification

Started by Robert Long, September 27, 2008, 04:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yes, there are some that Peterson notes in his field guide that often have a diaphragm pith, but sometimes won't. ;D

Of note are pawpaw A. triloba and sweet-spires Itea virginica and yes persimmon. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Robert Long

WDH 8)

Now I think we are getting somewhere, We have a red native mulberry in the back yard, I will compare the two of them tomorrow, but here is my concern.......There are no berries on this one, yet there are green flower buds in spring.

Robert :-\

tyb525

Maybe we have a never-before-seen natural hybrid?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

WDH

Mulberry has male and female plants.  It there are no berries, then it is a boy ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Robert Long

Thanks folks!!

I took a good look at the two trees (red and white mulberry) and the stem, leaves and characteristics of both are similar therefore I can only conclude it's a white mulberry

Thanks for the help! 8)

Robert

Ranger_School09

I would agree, the form of the tree is what throws me off..my money would be on a populus species as well,the leaves look similar to that of balsam or black poplar (populus balsamifera), but the form isnt even close...do you have a picture of the bare twig/buds available?

letemgrow

Quote from: Robert Long on October 05, 2008, 09:57:59 PM
WDH 8)

Now I think we are getting somewhere, We have a red native mulberry in the back yard, I will compare the two of them tomorrow, but here is my concern.......There are no berries on this one, yet there are green flower buds in spring.

Robert :-\

mulberry have male and female trees so I would bet that to be a male if there is never any fruit. 

Thank You Sponsors!