iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dozer blade for bobcat

Started by OH logger, November 20, 2012, 06:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

i have another equipment question for the pros. does any one have any experiance with a bobcat brand dozer blade??? looking to put one on my s175 to level paths in the woods ETC. it is an 80 inch wide model. i have no dozer and no immediate plans to buy one and am looking for something a  littlle more effective than the 2 way blade of the skidder for leveling borderline ruts in the woods. i do have steel tracks on the bobcat that i think will help. thanks
john

giant splinter

If you are referring to the current 6 way dozer attachment,it is a very good add on choice especially on the track models and with two add on wear plates is works good as a snow plow in the winter. The angle, tilt and raise/lower features sync. well and work ok with a load on them while adjusting.
roll with it

giant splinter

The Caterpillar dozer attachment is even heavier and will mount right up to your Bobtach bracket, if you could find a used one you could save some money.
roll with it

OH logger

thank you for the response! any one else have any input?? i just dont know if the 175 will have enough uuumph to do leveling of the skid paths from time to time when needed. thanks
john

cutter88

they work great if u have a big enough skid steere i have a 465 new holland and the blade was way to heavey to it...
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Thank You Sponsors!