iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Removing QuickStop Plus?

Started by dsaw, September 12, 2019, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsaw

I've owned an MS 261 for years, but wanted a bigger saw.  I own 200 acres of forest, heat with wood when out there, and make maple syrup, so my saw does get used a bit.  I've wanted a 460 series for awhile, but can't really justify the cost.  I walked into one of my local pawn shops about 2 weeks ago, and they have an almost new looking MS 362 C-M for $500.  Not a scratch on it, still has all stickers plus dealer sticker.  I thought about it a few days, went back and offered them $400.  They had to get the manager to approve it, but agreed.  When I got it home, it was dirty enough that it looked like it had cut a few trees, but was basically new.  No scratches on the inside cover, so it hasn't been used enough to throw a chain.  Took it to my land, cut a junk oak and cypress shading my new orchard area too much; a little dull, but runs fine.  Brought it back home to sharpen it, locked it in the vise; can't move the chain more than an inch.  After some internet searches, I guess I have the dreaded Quickstop Plus.  Maybe it's why the previous owner got rid of it.  Yes, I tried depressing the safety, depressing the safety and the throttle, it's still stuck.  I'm sure if I take off the cover I can unstick it.  I haven't had time to tear it apart, but I assume I can disable it.  Broader question, since the aforementioned research pointed out that it adds 1+ lbs to the saw, can the entire system be replaced with standard components? 

OddInTheForrest

I learned to get used to the Q.S on both my saw that are fitted with it. And honestly, I`ve come to like it. So I think it just takes a bit of getting used to ;)

Best Regards
Odd.

Thank You Sponsors!