iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Really? Stays sharper longer?

Started by chipsfly09, November 03, 2012, 01:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

Quote from: 1270d on November 07, 2012, 06:54:32 PM
Funny, I've oiled the gas tank more than once.  Partly because of the fact I use a bar oil jug for gas,   
Well yeah been there ,kind of .

I gassed up my weed wacker which ran good for about 30 seconds and died on the vine ,wouldn't start fer love ner money .

A couple days later dumped anti freeze in my old Ford F-250 and smelled gasoline ,then it dawned on me .Don't store the saw gas in an old anti freeze jug . :D

Clam77

Joe - I love how all your guys in your videos wear mostly shorts and sandals out in the woods running their saws.    :D

Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

joe_indi

Quote from: Clam77 on November 14, 2012, 09:22:25 PM
Joe - I love how all your guys in your videos wear mostly shorts and sandals out in the woods running their saws.    :D

Well, with the temperature at 34 Centigrade in the shade wearing anything more would be 'over-dressing'

Joe

lumberjack48

Joe i ran chipper chain about 10 yrs, it cuts a lot better then your showing here. It should feed itself with out using the dogs, i took the dogs off my saws. When bucking up i've had the dogs get caught on a rolling tree or log an bust the saw up.

I used a Carlton File-O-Plate to keep the rakers the proper hight.
The rakers have to be filed down while your filing the cutters away or the chain well not cut the way it was intended to.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!