iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Privacy Fence Ideas using green SYP

Started by Kipper, February 23, 2016, 12:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deese

My neighbor has a pine fence with treated posts around his place. The fence has been there for a LONG time. He mixes used motor oil with diesel fuel and sprays it every year. Still in good shape.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Joe Hillmann

Last summer at work we had to replace 11 boards on an 8 foot white pine fence that was at least 21 years old.  It had been stained 4 or 5 times since it was built.  Nearly every board had some rot on it but only those 11 NEEDED to be replaced.  The worst spots for rot were wherever two boards touched so I wouldn't recommend board and baton.

Kipper

Joe, thats a good point. I wondered if where the boards overlapped would trap moisture. I am not sure of another design which would give me the privacy I want though.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Kipper on February 24, 2016, 07:24:10 PM
Joe, thats a good point. I wondered if where the boards overlapped would trap moisture. I am not sure of another design which would give me the privacy I want though.

You might just alternate the boards on opposite sides of your stringers. Would take more bf than typical B&B fencing but would keep them from touching and capturing the moisture. Could leave a 1-2 inch gap on each side but alternate the boards so the center of one board is opposite the gap on the opposite side. Not sure if it would give complete privacy from close up. Also might create more homes ofr wasps but you will have to deal with that in almost any design.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

mmartone

I built a shadowbox style with live edge pieces.. looks pretty cool.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Thank You Sponsors!