iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is it ever going to stop??

Started by Corley5, February 10, 2004, 09:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I beginning to wonder if this crap is ever going to stop.  We picked up another 8" last night and it started snowing again about mid morning.  Yesterday we had a good bit of wind that drifted the roads pretty good in some spots.  We've had no real thaw in a long time now.  The weather guy just said that it may warm up toward the end of next week ::) ::) ::).  Probably warm up and snow some more.  It isn't too bad temp wise today.  It's right around the 20 mark but temps may struggle into the teens for Sunday ::) ::)  Oh well Only 4 and 1/2 months til the 4th of July ;)  First pic is looking south east out the back door.  Second is looking south out the front door.  Nice big pretty lake effect snow flakes.  That's another thing that's bugging me.  Normally with the cold temps we've had the big lakes would have been frozen to the point that the lake effect machine would be partially cut off but not this year.  They just keep throwing snow at us
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Gus

Corley,
I've just plowed 3 days in a row myself AND no LAKE!!! :-/
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Patty

My goodness!  :o    The views you have from your house are absolutely beautiful! I'm sure it is hard to see the beauty when you're looking at all that snow to plow, and I don't blame you for that, for sure. I sometimes forget to see the beauty in the area where we live, sometimes it takes a stranger to point it out to me. Keep your hopes up, spring will arrive in a coupple months!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

36 F and melting wet snow, same forecast for remander of week. When I was out earlier the snow was sticking to everything and had to peel off gloves, hat, fleece. If I was working on a yard today I'de be a wash of sweat. A temperate heat wave hahaha  8)

sorry guys  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

:) :) :) :)
Jingle Bells
jingle bells

jingle all the way

:)

.......now, where did I put my fishing pole and sunscreen?  tum-tee-diddle-dee  

:) :) :) :) :)

SwampDonkey

Someone go down there and kick Tom's power bar  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OneWithWood

Tom, ain't you supposed to be out workin' up a sweat sawin' logs somewheres?

Hang in there folks warmer weather will be here before long  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Texas Ranger

Let's hear it for global warming!

Only 45 and raining in Texas, will this winters never end! ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Corley5

Last I heard Al Gore was blaming this winters extreme cold and snow on Global Warming ::) ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

EZ

I'm getting pretty tried of the winter thing also, but the bad thing is,  when winter is over then comes the mud.
EZ

Tom

Mud!   Now that's a subject I'm familiar with. :D

SwampDonkey

Tom's just a slip sliding away  ::)

Jeff

OK MR.TOM < LETS JUST SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT!! ;D

www.tomssaw.com
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Jeff, you bad little boy. Did you make is snow in Florida?

:D  :D  :D  :D

Poor Tom Sawyer  oops ;)

RavioliKid

Hey, Jeff!

If you can make it snow in Florida, can you warm it up some 'round here?

Brrrrrrr!
RavioliKid

Tom

Ha!

Laughed......thought I'd die. :D :D

DanG

Not to worry, Mr. Tom! Its only snowing in the extreme northern region of your website. Just stay in the southern part, unless you need to chill out. They can keep all that white mush up there. I don't need none of it.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Larry

Out for a little morning hunting trip 50 miles NE of College Station, Texas.  Leave the truck on the road and walk into the lease about 2 miles.  Get a deer on the way in and 3 hogs in the trap.  Shoot another hog and figure really good morning.  B-I-L tells me to go get my truck and he will start field dressing.  Drive the truck in mostly uphill through the slime.  Finish field dressing and load up the truck with meat.  Turn around and the front hubs strip.  Jack up the back end and tore boards off of the blind to put under the wheels to get a running start.  With an F350 and a Power Stroke under the hood you ain't gonna go far in that slime with rear wheel drive only.  Called for a wrecker and of course the nearest guy is 20 miles away.  3 ton 4 wheel drive wrecker shows up and gets stuck turning around.  Use his winch line and 2 snatch blocks to get him unstuck.  Took us from 2pm until 10pm to make it 2 miles to the road.  Tow bill was $400.  B-I-L got blood poison from a cut he got off the winch line.  I caught heck from B-I-L wife because we missed graduation of their daughter from grade school.  Lease owner wants to know what we are going to do about the 3-foot deep ruts the wrecker left on the road.

Nephew with his first hog.  The smile would soon fade away.

Yeap, I know about that mud.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

SwampDonkey

Larry:

Looks like the off-road mud durby some folks partake in, ruttin up folks woodlot roads. Only they have 4x4's with oversized tires. ;)

pappy

Us northerners tend to lament bout how cool it is,

in bout 2 months we'll be hearing how DanG hot and humid it is down dey.

we only get 3-4 months of chilly temps but they get more months per year of sticky-hot

I like  8)  8)  8)  ;D  :D  :)  ;)

Mud season here is April when the sub-per-ma frost thaws till November when it freezes again  :D

Larry_Copas
"F350 and a Power Stroke" and a good set of ice chains on the back wheels you wouldn't even have needed the front wheel drive.  Got meself out a pinches many times that way, turns a basic TWD into a tractor.
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Thank You Sponsors!