iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Round Things

Started by bwstout, September 14, 2018, 09:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwstout

<Made 5 of these this week they are chip & dip bowls out of Spalted Sycamore it is amazing and beautiful wood.

br>
 <
br>

home built mill

btulloh

Very nice.

What did you use for the stringing?  Nice touch.
HM126

bwstout

I just use a pointed tool make a grove then use a piece of welding wire to burn in the dark accent.
home built mill

JV

Great job.  I really like them.  Unfortunately, my spalted sycamore laid too long but that was my fault.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

bwstout

thank you one thing I found out with sycamore it doesn't take very long for it to spalt and will get to punky to turn some of the dip bowls were almost gone too far.
home built mill

Jeff

Do you have one for sale?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

samandothers

Very attractive the wood and turning look nice.

bwstout

Thanks , I have 4 daughters that use them and parties to serve chips and dips and fruit and dip.
home built mill

bwstout

home built mill

Larry

Those are very nice round things!  Good work. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

bwstout

Thanks but it is in the wood my skills are limited. this is the one thing that I enjoy about sawmilling is getting to see what our Creator has put inside a tree. I lay the sycamore on the ground to enhance the spalting after I mill it into bowl blanks slabs.
home built mill

Thank You Sponsors!