iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 362 air filter system

Started by CCC4, January 11, 2013, 07:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodcutter_Mo

Hold the choke/kill switch down, helps the filter clear when removing and installing. Helps on this one atleast.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

kcward

Here are a  couple of pics of my filter.  I just bought the saw used and that is how it was.  He has the winter filter on and then the cloth/fibre filter on top.  It doesn's appear to be getting through the winter filter (the splinters) but dust is.

kcward

Quote from: snowstorm on August 10, 2017, 11:17:06 AM
And you need the top covet

Are you saying that the orange cover will not fit over the HD filter? 

snowstorm

I was told you need the top cover if you use the Sthil m tonic air filter. The Sthil dealer told me that. He changed one over. It wasn't simple.

Woodcutter_Mo

I looked at a ms362 and a ms362C side by side and the top cover of the m-tronic will not fit the older 362, nor vice versa without swapping the white plastic base. So with the complete filter swap it looks like you would have to use the newer style cover as well.

The newer cover is slightly taller to accommodate the larger filter but won't clear the white plastic piece on the older model. So I assume that piece is one of the parts that have to be replaced in the swap.

This piece...

-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

kcward

Quote from: Woodcutter_Mo on August 14, 2017, 06:14:22 PM
I looked at a ms362 and a ms362C side by side and the top cover of the m-tronic will not fit the older 362, nor vice versa without swapping the white plastic base. So with the complete filter swap it looks like you would have to use the newer style cover as well.

The newer cover is slightly taller to accommodate the larger filter but won't clear the white plastic piece on the older model. So I assume that piece is one of the parts that have to be replaced in the swap.

This piece...

Thanks for the tip...i priced it out to around $60, so depending on how much the white piece and the orange cover are will depend on if i do it or not.  If it is under $100 it might be worth it.

What do you guys think?

Thank You Sponsors!