iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ported out 395 WOW!!

Started by OH logger, August 07, 2017, 09:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

so I had one done by a guy and wow! 8) ! I never realized how doggy a stock 395 is!! I am so happy with it. it makes fellin big timber even more fun. I hate runnin my stock 395 even to get the "real" saw unpinched or whatever. I would be hardpressed to go back to stock again. should have done it years ago. I had it done when my mom was alive and like a mom would say she said "oh good now you can cut your leg OFF and not just cut it"  :o.  I kinda hope that don't happen.  ;D
john

ehp

I can remember the first time I ran a stock , I never put a full tank of fuel threw it and hated the thing , ported the saw and then it was fun to run it . that saw turned into 14 -ported 395's for that tree company . the 395 is a real good ported saw

Dave Shepard

I've thought about it. My 395 has never run as well as my 394 did.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ehp

if I had to make a choice on speed I would take the 394 ported , very close in design like the 3120 port lay out, if its for work I would take the ported 395

Stoneyacrefarm

Have you guys ported any 390's yet.?
They don't cut like the 395 does but they feel lighter.
Might just be in my head but sometimes that's all it takes to make things work better for you.  8)
Work hard. Be rewarded.

ehp

done lots of 390's as well as 385's , they work well and are a lot lighter than the 395,

Stoneyacrefarm

EHP,
What's a ballpark price to get a 390 ported.
I've been thinking about getting it done but my saw is still under warranty for another 2 1/2 years.
I like how it runs now but assume any mods will void the warranty.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Maine372

make sure the finances are there to back up your decision. once one saw is tweaked the rest get jealous and you have to tweak them too!

ehp

Not sure these days what guys are charging but I pretty much only port for friends now , just to busy and have 2 younger boys to keep up with

Stoneyacrefarm

Maine372.
Funny how that happens isn't it.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Thank You Sponsors!