iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ330 Center Pins

Started by deerguy, June 03, 2014, 05:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerguy

As my TJ330 gets closer to my goal of completely re-built, there is one job left to tackle. I plan on splitting ol' Beatrice this winter to re-build the center pins and I have a few questions.
Are there kits available either factory or aftermarket that supply the eyes and the pins ?? Is it easier/cheaper to do it myself with the help of a local machine shop ??? Are there other issues besides the center that I should address while Beatrice is split ??
Any comments, suggestions and /or pointers very much appreciated !!!
Since I'm nearing the end of this amazing process, I want to do it right and hopefully only do it once !!!

Thanks, Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

treeslayer2003

Quote from: deerguy on June 03, 2014, 05:42:57 PM
As my TJ330 gets closer to my goal of completely re-built, there is one job left to tackle. I plan on splitting ol' Beatrice this winter to re-build the center pins and I have a few questions.
Are there kits available either factory or aftermarket that supply the eyes and the pins ?? Is it easier/cheaper to do it myself with the help of a local machine shop ??? Are there other issues besides the center that I should address while Beatrice is split ??
Any comments, suggestions and /or pointers very much appreciated !!!
Since I'm nearing the end of this amazing process, I want to do it right and hopefully only do it once !!!

Thanks, Deerguy
machine shop is cheaper in my expieriance. you will need new pins, weldments for the egged out holes, thick bronze washers and steel shims, and shperical bushings........check e bay for them. should be 1-3/4" id....IDK a 330.
now is the time to check or replace drive line bearings and u joints in the center.

jwilly3879

We just had Swinton's Logging Equipment Repair replace ours in the 240 and Andy was done in about 3 hours. I don't know how he does it so quickly.

Neilo

The self aligning bush is the same on the 330 and the 200 series. p/n 102820

The hinge pins are different. 330 p/n 501059 plus washer 500878, spacer 501058 and thrust washer 200327

Neilo

Thank You Sponsors!