iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tier 4 diesel ?

Started by starmac, December 19, 2017, 07:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

I had a 6.9 with lowered compression, head studs, ats turbo, intercooler, zf 5 speed, worked over pump and it still wasn't as stout as my 7.3psd that had stacked tuners, and an exhaust......

JB Griffin

What tuners you runnin? I'm runnin an edge programmer set on the lowest settin (60hp) no pyro so I just keep it there. Also I've got a full 3" down pipe and no cat, still have muffler not a stock but a straight thru.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

chevytaHOE5674

And older bully dog plug in box and an outlook tuner. I have a 4" downpipe and full exhaust, full set of gauges, cold air intake, added "helper" fuel pump, heavy duty clutch and rebuilt zf6, 4.10 gears and 250k miles of hard living. Ha

I run on the 100hp run and just watch my egts and boost when towing heavy.

JB Griffin

Super duty. You told that when you said 4in dp and zf6. Possible in a obs but a royal pain.

Also I'm runnin a Luk smf clutch and a zf5 with 4.10 gears limited slip in rear. 55mph ar 1950rpm.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

brianb88

I have a 2007 Chevy Duramax with complete delete of the emissions control. I installed an EFI live tuner/with a 5 position switch that is adjustable from stock HP (position 1) to adding 200 HP(position 5) according the book. I have never run it in the 5th position(highest). I haven't had any problems with mine so far and I've got 160000+ miles on it. I'm not into racing trucks or even running mine hard, but this truck will get some yonder if you step on it.

I would be hesitant to buy another diesel with all the emission controls on them now.
Measure twice, cut once

Southside

Quote from: brianb88 on December 26, 2017, 10:23:43 PM
I have a 2007 Chevy Duramax with complete delete of the emissions control.

LBZ - the cats meow of any diesel engine out there.  My '06 has over 400,000 on it now, 95% towing a goose neck, and she still gets 20 mpg on the highway, as long as I keep my foot out of it.  EFI Live installed by Idaho Rob himself, I had him put a "valet" tune on #5 as I did not see any reason to intentionally destroy my transmission. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

JB Griffin

Did they get the injector problems fixed on the lbz?
I've seen several older duramax that needed injectors about every 100k.

scully

Tier 4 is a disaster . My 2014 RAM will be getting a full delete I am not putting up with this crap .
I bleed orange  .

Southside

Quote from: JB Griffin on December 27, 2017, 11:01:55 AM
Did they get the injector problems fixed on the lbz?
I've seen several older duramax that needed injectors about every 100k.

LBZ never had an injector problem, mine are original.  The LB7 - 1st generation, was an issue as the injectors were under the valve cover - not a good plan at all. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

JB Griffin

The one with problems were 01-04 or there bouts that I saw. So Lb7's I guess.  I'm a Ford guy, but those lb7 can get seriously impressive milage the best I saw was 25hwy. :o that was in a 2500hd 4x4.

Southside

Yea, the LLY came out in late '04 I think, they had some overheating issues as some of the coolant passages were too small and they may have had some injector issues at first too, I really don't remember, but the LB7's  are the ones that had the majority of the injector problems, the aftermarket injectors solved the issue finally. 

Funny thing was when I bought this truck I went to the Ford dealer as I was peeved at GM over the whole Government Motors issue, I told them what I needed and that I was looking for a truck now.  The guys response was to "come back in a couple of weeks and look around".  So I literally drove across the street to the Chevy dealer and there was this '06 sitting there complete with the LBZ.  Made the deal and when leaving I drove back over to the Ford dealer, walked in to the sales guys office and asked him if he remembered me from earlier in the day, I then pointed to the dually parked in front of his big window and promptly walked out.   
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

PA_Walnut

Got Tier4 on my Kubota tractor and my Chevy truck. Hate it on both.

The tractor keeps track of the particulate filter and then goes into Regen mode to burn it off. You can delay it, but it becomes more and more persistent and cuts power.

Truck does it kinda transparently but smells like it's on fire when it does a regen.

I will delete both as soon as I figure it out. Not only is it a PITA, but the joys of having diesel is rolling some coal when you want (need) to.  8)

https://youtu.be/E52OGAp1sxE

I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

starmac

Under what conditions would a guy need to roll coal??
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Kbeitz

That video is not even funny... Stupid kids...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Grizzly

I can't view the video but some of us old truckers have some appreciation for seeing some coal roll. It just does something for the blood/diesel mixture. But if that video was of a pickup truck then it has nothing to do with what an old trucker does. An old cat grunting a little at 1300rpm to top a hill is different than what some of these blokes do with a little pick up truck.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

PA_Walnut

Hmmm. Good conditions for "rolling coal":

-Electric car next to you at traffic light.
-Honda that sounds like an Uzi shooting at a gong is trying to race you.
-You are leaving the local meet up and all your truck friends are there.
-The filling station is backed-up and you can't get fuel, so leave angry.
-You are pulling 7 tons of logs up a hill and the minivan following  pulls out crossing yellow to pass.
-Your neighbor stops and stares as you drive up your lane.

Many others that aren't immediately coming to mind.  :D
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

starmac

Ha ha  Grizzly the old b model in my log truck will roll out the black smoke, but I generally keep it from it.
The little pickups is one of the major reasons we even have such a thing as tier 4 engines.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!