iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic problem on lt70

Started by just_sawing, September 01, 2009, 10:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

My guys have set up the mill while I am away and the Hydraulics are running them blowing a fuse. They can't get the Hydraulic pump from running. I am 400 miles away and have never ran into this. Anyone have an idea?
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

backwoods sawyer

It sounds like a valve is calling for the hydraulics and it is running against pressure till it over heats and the fuse blows. They used two different valve styles on the LT-70, if you have an older one then it is set up like the LT-40, the later models done away with the hydraulic lines. On the LT-40 style, check the little switch on the right hand side of the valve body, if it out of adjustment it will make the pumps run. On the newer style you will have to isolate which valve is calling for the pumps to run.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

MartyParsons

A non remote LT70 will have the micro switch on the side of the hydraulic valve bank. It could be stuck. That could mean you need to repace the micro switch or the rod that connects the valves need moved to unstick them. Stuck solenoid would also cause this on any LT70

A LT70 RX or remote would be an electrical switch. Every Joy stick is a potential switch (not seen this much but could be.) If you have a remote I would pull the switch panel off and remove one of the wires at the switch and see if the hydraulic pumps stop working. This wire you should remove will be at the end of the row. Should be # 18.
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

just_sawing

This is a remote mill.
THe guys are saying that the pump turns on when they turn the key on.
Question is the wire on the micro swithes in the head appling ground or 12 V?
You can follow me at

Magic Smoke

There is no micro-switch on the LT70 remote like the LT40's, however, there are contact blocks on the back of each joystick. The contact blocks have a certain terminal that are all connected together so when any of the valves are actuated, the bypass valve and the pump motor solenoids are supplied +12V. More than likely one of the contact blocks are stuck closed (or one of them is broke inside).
Pull the joystick panel out and look at the contact blocks, look at the center of the block and you will see a green tab, make sure none of the tabs look like they are in...if so, that's your bad one.
Sometimes just flicking the joystick handles can unstick them, or sometimes if you gently move each joystick up and down, you might feel one that seems a little gimpy, if so, then look at the contact blocks on the back of that joystick.

Magic Smoke

PS
The wire on the contact blocks that supply +12V to the bypass valve and the motor solenoids is wire# 17. It is usually located at the end of the contact block array.

just_sawing

The guys look at the switches and noticed what to them appeared to be a reset button. All in but one they reset the one anad all is good. Thanks eerybody
You can follow me at

Thank You Sponsors!