iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lucas oil additive

Started by cutter88, November 03, 2013, 04:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

ive always been a firm believer in lucas engine oil additive from my equipment right down to even in my wifes car... my question is? is there a lucas that I can run in the tranny of my 640d john deere... the tranny feeds the winch and both diffs so I was just wondering if theres a lucas tranny additive or can I use the same stuff I run in the engine...
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Brleclaire

Lucas transmission additive is the one I used on our older tj 360's. It made them smoother shifting and plugged up a few of the minor seal leaks. Look on Lucas' web site under products.

timberjackrob

I use lucas hydraulic booster in all my hydraulic systems.
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

Ken

Quote from: timberjackrob on November 03, 2013, 10:04:52 PM
I use lucas hydraulic booster in all my hydraulic systems.

Do others use this in their hydraulic systems?  I had a local mechanic tell me to put in in the harvester and excavator but I would like to hear other opinions.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

cutter88

Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Southside

I run about a gallon of the normal engine oil Lucas in each piece of my equipment hydraulic systems, it does help with small weeps and I have never had a problem with it.  I figure at that ratio it is basically coating all the internals and not flowing any longer.  I pulled a 6.5 out of a Chevy truck that had all but died, had not run in two weeks, when I pulled the oil pan off the cylinder walls were still coated with the lucas - that sold me on the stuff forever.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Woodboogah

I use it in everything right down to mixing it with my saw gas.  Have never had a problem.  I saw an improvement in my truck after using it of .3 mpg.  This is with the injector cleaner stuff.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

gspren

After reading this thread I decided to get some of the hydraulic booster for my old tractors, the auto parts place carries Lucas stuff but not the hydraulic booster so I tried a truck parts place and they have more Lucas products than I ever heard of so I'll need to stop back and check them out when I got more time, but I did pick up a gallon of the hydraulic booster so tomorrow I'll figure out if I can treat one or two tractors with one gallon.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

LaegersATC500R

I have a Posi Trac I bought back in "99". Needed it for a large job for removing logs out of tight areas. It's a great machine and served me well. Thats why I never sold it. Only 1200 hrs. on it. It has developed a leak in the rear drive motor area. Since we don't really use it a lot any more I never had it repaired. The leak always bothered me though. I'm going to use the hydraulic booster and we see what happens. I will let you know.
Morton Downey Jr. was a good man.

Thank You Sponsors!