iDRY Vacuum Kilns

I get this page when sending IM !

Started by isawlogs, October 21, 2008, 01:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Page Web introuvable
HTTP 400 
   Causes les plus probables :
Il se peut que l'adresse contienne une erreur de frappe.
Si vous avez cliqué sur un lien, il se peut qu'il soit obsolète.

Essayez la chose suivante :
     Saisissez à nouveau l'adresse. 

Aller à la page précédente.

Atteindre  et recherchez les informations de votre choix. 

Informations

It bassicly does not come back to the Forum , it sayes it cant be found or some darn thing ... I think it aint lookiing hard enough .... I need use  my back button then inbox to get back to be able to send a message ...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

I get that a fair % of the time when sending messages and posts (although it isn't in French  :) ). But I find that the message or post still goes through ok.  And a lot is prolly 40% of the time. Must be a feedback thing.
Don't have this with other postings, just FF.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

BBTom

I get it almost every time I post a reply. 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

thecfarm

See what happens when you get this new fangled,high definition,high speed,satellite 540 RPM Internet connection,isawlogs. :D  :D
Should of stayed with dail up.  :D  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I actually think it has something to do with the type of internet connection you have and the systems behind it more then the forum.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

That may well be Jeff. I have the same problem at work but not at home. I always chalked it up to the phone system at work being satelite based.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

DR_Buck

I get it about 80% of the time as well.  Mine is also not in French.  ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Tom

I've been having some connection problems too.  I generally get my posts through to Texas, but don't get the confirmations back so that the software will re-display the page.

Since it seems that the worse of the instances happen between 4pm and 7pm, I've attributed it mostly to timeouts caused by the load of the political pundits and general population, who have nothing better to do than to Forward forwards of forwards of political mish-mash email when they get off of work. 

I'll bet that the lines are full of a constant barrage of exponentially duplicated messages containing pictures and other sight-sensual garbage.

isawlogs

Quote from: thecfarm on October 21, 2008, 08:22:58 PM
See what happens when you get this new fangled,high definition,high speed,satellite 540 RPM Internet connection,isawlogs. :D  :D
Should of stayed with dail up.  :D  :D
Well it was doing so with the 540RPM connection ... it now does it a lot faster with the 1000RPM connection ... still in French though .

;D :D :D :D It dont matter much , I use the back button and all comes back to where I was , I dont beleave I have lost any messages or that any have not gone through . Least not that I know of .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

Marcel!  I know what your problem might be, though it doesn't fit mine.   You are dealing in French and talking to a bunch of Texans.  Now, if the server could be moved to Louisiana (that's Loo-easy-anna), perhaps all of your problems would be solved.  :D :D

tyb525

I've heard that satellite and wifi internet (which is what I have) tends to lose packets quite often...so sometimes not everything gets sent or received.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Tom

the good thing is that the software that does the transmitting usually knows it is missing something and knows where to get it to retransmit.  Sometimes it just has to tell you that it couldn't complete the transaction.  Least it knows.  :D

Warbird

Quote from: tyb525 on October 23, 2008, 10:35:59 PM
I've heard that satellite and wifi internet (which is what I have) tends to lose packets quite often...so sometimes not everything gets sent or received.

This is true, however, the TCP/IP protocol makes up for this.  If a packet is sent and no acknowledgment that the packet was received is sent back, then the packet is retransmitted.  It is an error "checks and balance" type of thing and is pretty cool in how simple it is and how well it works.  Satellite and wifi do have a higher latency time and resending packets does slow things down.

I have wifi and oftentimes when I post a message, it just sits there for a few then goes to a blank white screen.  This problem seems to be intermittent.  I think it has to do with my higher latencies and how loaded down/busy the forum is at the time.  I've figured out a simple way around this but don't wanna post it in case it could be used to break something.

Jeff

I don't think it has anything to do with the drain on the server per say, but more to do with the network the Forum is on in regards to things on the Forestry Forum end. I've had this happen to me and check the loads on the server and see them to be almost nil at the time.

BBTom

This is what I get with Chrome.

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=post2;start=2900;board=3 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 320 (net::ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

I am on DSL now, I used to think it was because I was on satellite, but still get it now.  I get it on IE and on Chrome
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Jeff

Jeff

I spent a good deal of this week reading and researching mysql database properties and issues. Trying to find things that can go wrong that could cause issues like we have increasingly been having.  I think I have found some interesting things that could possibly be going on and some non-specific actions I can take to try and "tune" the mysql server to a more optimum state. 

As the forum grows, the behind the scenes actions and events grow exponentially.  Things you might not think about that take place that use as much server resource as what you actually see in the form of posts and such.  As an example, I just logged into the server via ssh and ran a command to view the last 100 entries in the maillog file. (for those interested, its cd /var/log enter  tail -100 maillog)  This log records the dates and times, senders and recipients of the mail being sent through the server.  The first entry of this last 100 was time stamped:
Dec 29 18:50:34

The one hundredth entry was stamped:
Dec 29 18:51:49

So in one minute and 15 seconds the server had to process 100 events related to sending mail.  The forum generates a lot of email via the post notifications, instant message notifications, emails related to registrations and password resets, security and error notices and such things, and just simple normal email that is generated to and from the admin email addresses. This goes on 24/7  I mention the email because most of this all happens via the forum database, constantly changing it and rewriting to it. This is not to mention the 10's of thousands of direct queries to the database every single day from just simple average use of the forum

I don't know why I'm rambling on about this, other then just to say there is a lot going on, so there is a lot of possible places that something could possibly not be going right, so finding what thing that is that causes the connectivity issues when posting or sending messages has been daunting. 
HOWEVER. (Hah! I just got caught using my cap lock by my new warning system!)

However, I might be on to something. I think I have the culprit in view. Not positive, but a very good possibility.  After running a status report on the server, one of the stats that was returned was this:
Opened vs. Open tables:
(table_cache)    5869.2419 (should be <= 80)

This is not good and could really account for the trouble.
If you care to read the gibberish that I've been filling what little brain cell reserve I have with, you can take a look here.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/table-cache.html

The first action I have dared to take with the little I think I now know was to set a higher table cache, by editing the
my.cnf file, and restarting mysqld

After the adjustment and restart that stat is now:
Opened vs. Open tables:
(table_cache)    1.7534 (should be <= 80)

Whether its making a difference in the way things run yet, or whether the number is within limits simply because of restarting the mysql server I dont know. You all will have to let me know  Anyhow, I aint gave up on this yet. And Wont.

Jeff

Current check on some database stats:

Queries per second:    27.7036
Percentage of slow queries:    0
Opened vs. Open tables:
(table_cache)    2.8161 (should be <= 80)

thecfarm

Jeff I will let you play with the forum,I'll go play with trees.   ;D  Thanks for all you do here to make it better for everyone to enjoy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

Seems like things are working well to me.  I don't have much db experience, or I'd try to help.

SwampDonkey

Over the weekend I had a few hang-ups when posting and since yesterday everything seems to be much smoother. But as you indicated Jeff, it's real pig to deal with and pin point issues. Heck even MS Access has it's quarks, but a lot better than Visual Fox Pro, that was one big mess of sloppy programming. At one time I think there were close to 300 fixes to download. We had a pay system based on that database program and it never did work smoothly, and that is a problem when your dealing with $1M in monthly sales and all the tickets for each load of wood the mills required.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))