iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You have ZERO freedom of speech here.!

Started by Smokey, March 14, 2010, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lud

I've  taken my wife to a Piggy Roast and she was impressed by the kindness and the quality of folks we met.  That they all fit together as diverse as the group was.

There's family and then there's the rest of folks.   Looks like you're in the second group........
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Tim/South

There is nothing free about this forum, or any other forum. Someone pays the bills every month.
We agreed to the rules when we joined up and were granted the privilege to participate.
There is nothing in the Constitution, Bill of Rights or the Bible that says we have a right to speak in any manner we desire on a forum.
Being able to create this thread, and it stay up, proves that those who operate this forum are an open minded lot. Most moderated forums would have banned your account before anyone had a chance to read or reply to this thread.
I have not met Jeff, Tom, or any of the Mods here, probably never will. I can say that this is a well run forum. That is why I come here.

No one forces any of us to log in. If we don't like the music, we can dance somewhere else.

woodmills1

I have at times inadvertanly tested this forum, mostly by my goofyness.

But I will say this

at all times the responses have been directed only at preserving the wonderful integrity of this place

I stand in the solid line behind Jeff

there is much to learn here, unlike much of the rest of the net, we share
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DonT

I have been a member for awhile,not as active as some but a devout reader.I think jeff does a great job of driving the boat.

Brad_S.

I ran a sawmill business for 16 years. The Forestry Forum didn't exist when I started out so I did all my learning the hard, expensive way....through trial and error. I freely share my hard gained knowledge here on this forum because of the environment of fellowship and sharing not found on most other sites. That environment exists only because the forum administration runs a tight ship. It is normally free of the strife, flaming and negative trolls that inhabit most internet forums and full of knowledgeable, sharing people. I challenge you to find any other site with a membership that has as broad and deep a knowledge base that shares information with virtual strangers so freely.
I have no empathy with your gripe. If you don't like the parameters Jeff sets down, move on.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Brucer

Quote from: Smokey on March 14, 2010, 02:46:36 PM
This is what I received from the owner of this forum in regards to my comments ...

Note the word I underlined.

What do you member think of this crap!

If I didn't agree with Jeff's policies, I wouldn't be here.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Meadows Miller

Gday

I dont recal reading the thread that got this one started Smokey  ;) :D but all ill say is that the replys that have been posted are true to what the Forums About  we are like one Big Family and the reason for that is all the Hard Work and ground rules Jeff as the founder and all the admins have put into it sice day one  ;)  ;D 8) 8)

He's giving you free speech right now Mate  ;) he Is  basicly giving you a chance as we say down here  ;) to Pull your bloody head in and get with the program mate  ;)  :D this is his place and your not the first and wont be the last bloke to have a topic sent to the woodshed Mate  ;) there is a reason why we have it but i havent had a chance to visit yet ;) :D :D :D

Ive spent since the time I could walk soaking up all the information i could about this industry and have been putting it into practice sice the age of 13  ;) all hard won and I felt like i was one of very few people who felt the same way untill i joined this Great Place acouple of years ago  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) ive joined a couple of forums and lost intrest quickly due to there being too much free speech w/o any rules  :o :) :) ::) ;)   :D and there is no other place i would share my experiance ,ideals ,thoughts and point of view so freely than with this group of Fine People of which theres a fair few i feel lucky to call Good Mates now  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Theres one thing about a family is that most of us wont hold this against you in the long runn if you stick around get in there and contribute and not rock the boat too much Mate  ;) :D  ;) :D ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

sparks

The neutrality of the forum is what draws people here. Jeff does not play games with the forum. As a sponser I have full confidence in Jeff and his decisions to maintain the forum as a friendly place where folks feel like a family. Though like a family, there will be bickering and things will get said, Papa Jeff is the head of the family and what he says goes.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Ga. bow-man

Thanks for the forum. Jeff you are the head man. Just
keep on keep'n on.

Roxie

I think it's hilarious that you are asking folks that have been here for years what we think of it?   :D  What answer did you expect?  We hang out here because we enjoy a dictatorship?  I hang out here because courteousy is enforced and swearing is kept to an occassional DanG (our official forum cuss word).  These folks are the salt of the earth, and I'm very, very proud to be a member.  
Say when

Cedarman

Kids need parents to set the line.  Some kids feel the need to see if the line has moved.  Others ignore the line.  Same results  here on the forum as when my kids cross the line .  Jeff, good job on keeping the line.  (Well, some adults do act like kids)

This is a very nice place to hang out.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Gary_C

Well I guess enough votes are in, we all back Jeff 100 per cent and you get no sympathy here. So I guess you need to do some self examination as to your attitudes.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Sprucegum

smiley_horserider  Goodbye Smokey   smiley_horserider   smiley_horserider

Edited: Sorry about that , sometimes I can't resist being childish myself in response to another's foolishness  ::)

dnalley

In all reality I have found that the most important censor of my posts has got to be ME.  My post count would be much higher if I didn't stop sometimes and ask myself "do I really want to post that? or am I just trying to stir the pot"?  Many times I disagree with some of the posts, but as I keep reading I find that there is always someone who actually knows more about most things than I do!!  Imagine that!  And they have a broader vocabulary with a better understanding to express themselves.

I must say I am just basically a "freeloader" here.  I don't have that much to offer in the knowledge department, and really this forum helps me much more than I could ever add to it.  BUT, I have met some of the nicest friends that I would never have had the opportunity to do so without this board.  Lord willing I intend to make a few more!

I can only imagine standing in one of my friends' yard (or especially Jeff's), and having one of them tell me "Hey look my friend, you're about to cross into my personal space, and if you don't straighten up and fly right I'm going to have to ask you to leave".  That would be a sobering event for me.  I spend too much time here I know but I am a guest, just thankful that Jeff allows me to be here.  I don't make the rules.  Maybe it's time to man up and decide if you've crossed that line and move on------or apologise like the man has asked.  As the old saying goes--"the boss may noy always be right, but he's still the boss".

trapper

I mostly saw for a hobby.  Met Jeff once in Madison WI.  Treated me like a friend.  Like the others said HE DA BOSS  and I like what he provides here
Marv
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Modat22

Been visiting the forum for a long time, learned a bunch. I don't agree with a few opinions posted here and there and others don't agree with mine but I've generally been treated with respect. I think the admins do a fantastic job here.
remember man that thy are dust.

old joe

THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

oakiemac

Like Red Oaks pointed out, it is frustrating that a full dissucssion is not always permitted. But it is private property/forum so ya have to play by the rules.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Mooseherder

That one hurt.  And I disagree with both of you. ::)

smiley_brick hits_hardhat

Woodwalker

I've sit here reading all this and just remembered I'm kind of hungry. Smells coming out of the kitchen ain't helping none.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

isawlogs

Road here continues into our laneway , so technicaly puplic has access to it ..... that dont mean they can come and pith on my front lawn .  smiley_fused_bomb smiley_smash
     Just because one has access to a place sure as dang dont make it public .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

zopi

Ok...so, guy with 14 whole posts comes in, acts stupid, trolls, then gripes because the guy who OWNS the place poke him in the eye for it?

wow...

I like the fact that pretty much everyone who came in here to stand up for Jeff has hundreds if not thousands of posts...:D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

bd354

While I don't have many posts on this forum I belong to quite a few others and this one is probably the best run outfit I've come across. I'm not a sawyer or even own a mill yet but I've been treated just as well as anyone else. These are the kind of people I want to be associated with and that's why I stay. The people, the info avaliable, and the moderation is top notch in my book. Thanks Jeff.

J_T

Yep been here a long time .  8) Jeff does a great job and the other adm's too . And it has got to take lots of time and effort on lot of folks part . Thanks  8) 8)
Jim Holloway

woodmills1

did ya notice, even though woodwalker tried, this is one of the few threads that didn't get hijacked toward food............... :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!