iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a gift tonight

Started by mmartone, December 14, 2013, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Went to the music studio that my daughter goes to for their christmas party, had fun, ate, drank and played dirty santa. The owner told me he had something for me and we went out to the shop, BAM! There it was an old husky 266xp with a bow on it! Not a red bow a saw bow, said he knew nothing about it and it was mine. I got it home and it had something that smelled like gas in it and bar oil, I tried to pull it over and it almost yanked my arm off. I'll work on that more later...

Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

sharkey

Check it out!  You must be living right Mark.  Merry Christmas Aye?

sablatnic

Yes, Merry Christmas!

And check the starter pulley. It can be split, when it attempts to yank off your arm.

Buddyw

Nice ! Merry Christmas !!
Good luck with it !!!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mmartone

I read online it may have a compression release, I never even looked! I figured it was a 50cc saw by its physical size, its a 67cc saw, chainsawguy says up to a 32" bar.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

luvmexfood

Nice gift. All someone ever gives me is the flu or a cold. HA! If you don't like it I will pm you my shipping address.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

mmartone

Had a look this morning, no compression release. Pulled the bar off, starter assy off and its free, saws still very hard to pull over. I put it on the ground, put my foot on it and pull and can get about 2 revolutions, fump fump and thats it. Surely all 266's cant be this hard to pull over? I wonder if someone has had this apart and removed the cylinder gasket.

mad murdock

266 is a nice saw!  I ran one when I logged full time in the 1980's.  I cut a lot of wood with one. I ran a 24" bar on it. For its time it was ahead of the game, IMO. Still a great was by today's standards. Merry Christmas and  :new_year:
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

NCFarmboy

The 266 if in good shape has a LOTof compression.  You can't play you have to get after it.  Congratulations 266 is a FINE old Beast.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

mmartone

Did some cleaning up on it today and got this oid girl fired up. I played with the carb a bit and couldnt get it to idle without stalling but I did put a 20" bar on it and made a few slices, good power for suck a little saw! I'll get on it later, I have saws that run so I'm not in any pinch for it.

Thank You Sponsors!