iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone heat with wood pellets?

Started by Coon, November 02, 2007, 12:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

boulderidge
How long have you been heating with pellets? More than this winter?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I couldn't heat this place without forced air. We had a gravity/convection furnace 35 years ago and about froze. I think some pellet furnaces are appearing on the market now. I figure it would take at least 6 pallets of pellets here to keep me warm mid September to mid May.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

boulderridge

Quote from: beenthere on February 23, 2008, 10:40:42 AM
boulderidge
How long have you been heating with pellets? More than this winter?

Beenthere,

I've been burning pellets for about 6 years.

Boulderridge

beenthere

Quote from: boulderridge on February 25, 2008, 12:24:09 PM
Beenthere,

I've been burning pellets for about 6 years.

Boulderridge

Then you have a lot of experience and should be a good resource of knowledge. I take it that you are satisfied with your investment and the prospect of continuing to burn pellets. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Coon

We have given up heating with the pellets due to the availabilty of them.  Most places around here are having a hard time stocking them. I totally refuse to burn the one brand we were using due to the last batch of pellets being junk.  We were having to empty the ash pan atleast once a day and had to burn over twice as many pellets to get any heat.  At $5.99/ bag it was getting very costly.  Would rather pay a power bill then burn them.  We will be moving once the snow is gone so....
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!