iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Slowly...Working on a Live Edge Cherry Coffee Table

Started by WDH, July 21, 2015, 09:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesamd

Sweet job for a loved Daughter. It just don't get much better than that!
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

fishpharmer

Just now seeing the finished product!  WDH, beautiful craftsmanship and materials, priceless family heirlooms.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bkaimwood

NICE!!! I'm sure I'm not the first to notice but...LOOK AT THAT CURL!!! In a slab top yet!!!
bk

WDH

BTW, the walnut sofa tables are progressing nicely.  Same design as the cherry end tables, just bigger. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bkaimwood

bk

WDH

No.  But, some of the boards have some nice grain. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Brian C.

Danny, Just saw the pics. Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful work. I hear that there may be walnut in GA. in April!

WDH

The walnut end tables are done!!!!!!!!!!!  Took a while.  Things slow down when you are old  :).

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

At least they don't look like they came from China  :).

isawlogs

Don't know, they may not have enough character.   ;D     ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

4x4American

Quote from: WDH on August 11, 2015, 09:14:04 PM
This table and the upcoming end tables are for daughter #3.  Daughter #1 has put in for a cherry dining table, and two coffee tables.  Plus, I have three commission pieces to do for customers, 2 coffee tables and a 10' long dining table. 

Whew, between sawing, stacking, drying, and selling lumber and all these projects, I can be as busy as I want to be  :).

Them are good names for your daughters.  If I ever find a woman and we have kids I might have to copy you lol

Awesome stuff you've done.  I really like that table that has flooring for legs
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You smacked it out of da park.....or has that already been said? Good job Danny.  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

cbla

Jemclimber

Very nice Danny, 
my daughter would be very happy with all the figure. She has to have "funky grain"(her words) for the top on everything, nothing clear for the top. However, she is a sapwood snob and absolutely no sapwood can show on her pieces. I like the contrast so sometimes we have disagreement, but she usually gets what she wants.  :D  Thanks for showing.
lt15

WDH

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

ron barnes

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on April 13, 2016, 07:41:07 AM
I wanted them to look a little "funky".

You want "funky".......give me a belt sander.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

plowboyswr

Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

123maxbars

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!