iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

410 log moulder

Started by laffs, January 07, 2011, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laffs

anyone out there have a norwood 410 log moulder or the woodmizer mp 100 ? im interested to hear some reviews from an owner. their both fairly new is what im told from woodmizer and norwood. woodmizer doesnt have any knife selections as of yet, and only comes with electric motor single or 3 ph. the norwood comes with electric or gas power, and as far as i know has a few selections of knives.
id really like to hear from an owner if theres any out there.
thanks
Brent
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

Just Me

I was looking at the specs yesterday. Interesting machine. I was comparing the cuts per inch to my SCMI planer just for reference

410 runs from 9- 39 ft. per minute, CPI from 1555@ 9'min. to 358@39' min.

SCMI 520 20" planer runs 16-72 ft a min., CPI250'-1125 ft min.

Looking at this I would think that the finish surface could be pretty good, but the feed rates would be fairly slow for production work.

One thing I did not like is machine weight, at 496 lbs it seems a bit light, would make me worry a bit about long term relaibility, but then it costs much less than industrial tools. Just for an example the 520 weighs 1940 lbs., but costs over $10K

Cost of knives looked a little high, but those could be made here by any reputable knife maker.

They have an interesting line, I would not mind seeing some of their product in person.

Larry

ARKANSAWYER

LOGOSOL makes the Norwood machine.  I have had no problems with LOGOSOL and with my last blade order they sent me a stocking hat which is a good thing as it is 10 degrees out there.
  I have been looking at them and if I had the coin would own one.  I see where you could make money with it making cabins.
ARKANSAWYER

laffs

im about 99% im gonna order one its just the freaking snow thats making me hold off for now. theres not that many out there so i couldnt see one working. i  wish they at least had a video on changeing knives.
i  hope there is some cabin b usiness out there  thats what im buying it for. if i went for the ph260 i would need a kiln too. hope to maybe make some loot with the 410 to put in a kiln.
Brent

timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

Thank You Sponsors!