iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberjack...

Started by The-Burl-Hunter, January 27, 2009, 06:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Burl-Hunter

hello,
I have another question on a tool used for logging or possibly firewood cutting, anyway I was on northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company looking at their logging equiptment, and ran across a timberjack, and thought that, that tool would be a great item for firewood cutting, because it lifts logs off off the ground and prevents your chain from dulling, and from the reviews that I read it sounds like a great tool, but I thought I would dig a little deeper and see what others that may or may not of uesd it may have thought, to be specific it was the northern industrial timberjack with the 4 ft fiberglass handle, or if their was any other ones that people have tried and like please leave a review or a comment thank-you all very much for leaving a comment it helps a lot. I also thought that I would find more information on it before I went and spent 80 or 90 dollars because who knows it may not be worth the money. anyway thanks  :)  :)

woodsrunner

Check out our sponsor on the left side of the page. Supporting a sponsor is a great way to support the Forestry Forum in addition to getting a top quality tool to use. I don't have one but some feel like the northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company items are a cheap knock off copy of the Logrite tools and of lower quality.

LeeB

Scroll down to the commerce section and check out Logright's answer to your question.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

woodsrunner

Sorry, its been a long day. Check out our sponsor Logrite on the left side of the page.

The-Burl-Hunter

no problem thanks for the anwsers

pasbuild

I'm not going to take the time to look in northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company to see if you are talking about the same cant hook with the T attachment for lifting logs off of the ground that I have but if it is it would be the most useless piece of s##t tool you own :(
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

WH_Conley

Just remember, "cheaper aint always cheaper". You can get a useable tool from northern a few dollars cheaper. Would you rather have a Vega for a few years or a Caddy for a lifetime for  20 bucks more? I have never used the Logrite Hi-Jacker, what I call those things anyhow. I have used other Logrite tools enough to have faith in them though. I have also a lot of different Northern knock offs over the years to know the difference in quality.
Bill

Dave Shepard

If you can watch YouTube videos, here is a video of the LogRite log stand: Log Stand This is the one I'd buy, if it were me. And it's a LogRite Peavey too! 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

The-Burl-Hunter

where is it on the website, maby i just looked over it but thanks for the great video

Dave Shepard

http://store.logrite.com/uls006.html

Go to "Online Store", then look for Universal Logstand on the left. It is not in with the peaveys and hooks.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

The-Burl-Hunter

thank-you very much, So this is a lot better than the regular "cheap" immitations that are out their? cause it looks a lot more heavy duty but thanks for your time.

Dave Shepard

I don't have any experience with the log stand, but I've got a 60" cant hook, and have had me and another 6'3" guy hanging off of it, and it survived.  ;) I doubt you will break it unless you run it over with something.

thecfarm

Logrite stuff is guaranteed to for life.Not a guaranteed to get you out the door and don't come back complaining about it because it's broke.Might cost a lttle bit more,but you will learn you get what you pay for.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

stonebroke

How long a cant hook should you use the lift on? A longer one would make it easier to pick up a bigger log but it might be unwieldly.

Stonebroke

Thank You Sponsors!