iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics of the new LT50

Started by JVK, March 13, 2012, 01:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVK

There is a moratorium on floathouses in this area. Somewhat controlled by the Alberni Port Authority. Like anywhere else in the world, they are a sticky subject at times. This cabin is a re and re for a couple from Vancouver. I'ts pretty much finished, just doing some interior work. Cut every board on the mill.

Colinofthewoods... Where are you located on the Wet Coast? I'st not exactly hot and dusty here today either.

Migal... I learned how to do the picture thing, so where are yours?

Holmes

Welcome to the FF JVK. I did google maps for your area. You sure do have a lot of logs and float houses on the water. Looks like a beautiful area. Holmes
Think like a farmer.

colinofthewoods

Today was definately wet ! 

Jim,
I am currently living just outside of Duncan these days.

I had to give up bouncing around the coast logging when I got married and a had a little one, ( with another on the way ). I worked for Lemare a number of years and they kept me real busy. My profile pic was taken in Kyuquot sound. Now I have my own little salvage operation out carmanah/walbran area.

I still have 35 acres and my cabin up in quatsino sound where I used to live- water access just like you. Nothing beats it, no power no water - pure freedom. Its a little trickier with the family now though. we only make it up a few times a year. 

It looks like you got it made where you are,  I would love to get my hands on some yellow cedar !

As far as float houses up there-  there is no authority and you can do what you please.

Migal

Quote from: JVK on March 15, 2012, 01:05:20 PM
There is a moratorium on floathouses in this area. Somewhat controlled by the Alberni Port Authority. Like anywhere else in the world, they are a sticky subject at times. This cabin is a re and re for a couple from Vancouver. I'ts pretty much finished, just doing some interior work. Cut every board on the mill.

Colinofthewoods... Where are you located on the Wet Coast? I'st not exactly hot and dusty here today either.

Migal... I learned how to do the picture thing, so where are yours?

:D I have not really started a topic so all my pics are in that little camera icon under my name  8)
I have to have good phone reception to send them to internet then down load to computer then upload to FF and thats a lot of saw log time lol
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Thank You Sponsors!