iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan Show

Started by rooster 58, August 11, 2014, 12:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmouton

yup yup   less than two wks  ,,cant wait ,, it will be fun

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

rooster 58

Are they going to have a sawmill shoot out this year? I didn't see it listed in the schedule

Jeff

Nope, sawmill shootout is every other year. This year is the firewood shootout.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

rooster 58

Thanks Jeff, for the clarification ;)

DR_Buck

We'll be arriving Thursday evening hopefully around 6 PM.   Anybody planning any get together for dinner or post dinner refreshments?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

woodhick

I will be there Saturday with my son.  Would be happy to be a judge if needed ;D  Have met Kevin and Tammy multiple times but looking forward to meeting Jeff. 
Woodhick
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Jeff

Quote from: woodhick on September 28, 2014, 11:40:16 AM
I will be there Saturday with my son.  Would be happy to be a judge if needed ;D  Have met Kevin and Tammy multiple times but looking forward to meeting Jeff. 
Woodhick
I'm a sensitive guy, so try to at least hide some of your disappointment eh?  ;)

DR_Buck

All ready to go.  We'll be on the road   move_it  at noon tomorrow (Thursday)   Hope to meet up with some of the FF members for dinner    food3  or drinks   smiley_beertoast later in the evening.

hu5qvarna395xp

I'll be there Saturday... Been going since before I was born!!! There's a amazing resturant up there called the forum!! It's amazing an most deff a have to place to stop an eat!! Hope to see some of u all there
Jd an franklin skidders,husqvarna saws,prentice loaders an mack trucks that's how we roll!!!

WV_hillbilly

Will be there Saturday with Todd
Hillbilly

EZ

The Mrs and I will be there saturday(today).
Please dont step on the Mrs left foot cause she mash her big toe a couple weeks
ago and its pretty sore.
EZ

chet

Things didn't work out for me ta git there as planned.  :'(  I hope ya'll don't miss me too much  :D.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

jmouton

well what i want to know is who won the best beard  contest,,,,jeff or kevin,,,  and who  won the logrite  cant hook,,,   the show was pretty fun  ,  except for the rain and cold and snow and rain  and  you get it ,,,   lots of kool stuff to dream  about having when i win  the lotto ,    plus woodmizer had a great  display ,  and so did  logrite  ,    so did  everybody else too ,,,  the firewood processors were really kool,  i had not really seen one in person,  wow  they  can make some firewood real fast ,  all  in all  it was a good show  for being there  for my first time,, 

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

YoungStump

The results are over in the general board under the beard challenge thread.
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

Jeff

Yup, beard results in the beard topic, but I can tell you that Kevin and Logrite has the best legs. 8) 

drobertson

I met several ff members,  all as good as I expected.  The weather was a tricky one for sure, went through a few pair of socks!  Yes lack of planning, kind of a bad guess on the future cast, but it happens,  the processors and splitters were bad to the bone in every respect.  And once again, I witnessed companies from across the world working together in friendly, but competitive nature to show off their respective machines.  There was much to see, and bargains to be had, just had to be there, I did get to meet Jeff,  and he was as genuine as I anticipated. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Quote from: Jeff on October 06, 2014, 09:54:34 AM
I can tell you that Kevin and Logrite has the best legs. 8)

I have to agree with you.  I have seen them up close and personal  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I know you even saw them while they were topless! :)

DR_Buck

Here are some photos the wife and I took at the show.

This is Kitty and I with the 'short' Paul Bunyan.

Here is Kitty with the 'tall" Paul Bunyan

Some of the people running between the rain drops.

These next 2 show the sleet accumulation that piled up pretty quick.    Has anyone mentioned how cold it was?    ::)

Here are some guys checking out my, I mean Kevin's trailer.   

A gaggle of Forestry Forum members

Stacey and the popcorn machine.    I think if it would have been marketed properly we could have rented out time to cuddle with the popcorn machine to get warm.

Here is the ballot box.   An investigation held later concluded that at least several dead people had voted, some of them even two or three times.   ;D

This picture was taken during the 12 seconds of sunshine.    You can see the Logrite legs. 

Here is my truck loaded for the trip home.   Wood-Mizer resaw on top, and my Logrite trailer on the bottom.   :)    Funny thing was I ran out of room and money at the same time.     :D

thecfarm

DR_Buck,thanks for the pictures. Good luck with your goodies you bought!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

EZ

It was nice seeing Jeff and Kevin and a few of the members. Also it was nice to talk with the Baker guys, keep up the good work guys. Hope to be at the 2015  pig roast.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!