iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fuel treatment

Started by Yoopersaw, July 02, 2011, 05:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoopersaw

Does anyone have any thing to say about Star*Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment?  Pro or cons, thanks.

nhlogga

I've used it to get rid of algae in diesel fuel. Worked good. Never used and will never use it or any other treatment oother then 2 cycle oil in my saw gas.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

John Mc

I've been using it in my gas for about a year now, ever since ethanol-free gas disappeared in Vermont (ethanol free premium is back in a few stations now, but will go away again at the end of the summer).

The Stihl dealer (they're also a tractor dealer) near me stocks it. They are known for great service, and their guys are very knowledgeable. It's the only form of fuel stabilizer/ethanol treatment they stock.

It seems to work pretty well. I've not experienced any of the problems associated with using ethanol fuels in 2 cycle engines... but I also tend not to keep the fuel around very long if there is ethanol in it.

The two cycle oil I use also has a fuel stabilizer in it, but since the fuel may sit for a bit before I mix it up, I put either StarTron or Stabil Marine formula in the can as soon as I buy my fuel.

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!