iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Check

Started by Magicman, August 25, 2015, 01:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I am redesigning and re-purposing a hitch hauler which meant grinding some welds off.

Welder's apron.....check
Ear plugs.............check
Safety glasses......check
Dust mask...........check
Gloves.................??  Uncheck, well forgot to put them on.

A grinding wheel cuts a ΒΌ" wide gash....and hurts.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

BradMarks

I still see a finger!  Wake up call for sure.  Glad it wasn't worse.

beenthere

Seems we've seen this hand before.. but is saves on good leather gloves. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doctorb

Yes, while I am sorry his finger "got ground", it is just another in a long line of Magic injuries.  He's indestructible!  Maybe we need a separate thread to keep track?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Brucer

I'm sure glad you had a bandage on when you took that picture, Lynn.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Warped

I would never have done that to my left hand..............I'm left handed!
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Chuck White

That sucker will be sore for a long time Lynn!

Statistically, that finger will be bumped more times than all the rest combined!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandsawmill14

take care of that finger  :)  i made a habit of wearing gloves all time after i let a wrench slip and cut the tendons in middle finger on my right hand. 8 weeks with a steel pin in it and as chuck said it was bumped 20:1 over the rest of fingers. then i got the bill for the surgery and it REALLY hurt. :o 10000 bucks for a 45 min surgery and a 2 1/2" ss pin   :o but it works as it should now so it was worth it  :)  now when i get out of the truck gloves go on. it takes some getting used to but now i can do anything i want with them on.
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

thecfarm

Take care of that finger.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Sorry for the injury. Sure can happen quick and when we least expect it. Glad it was no worse than that. You will be well reminded over the next few weeks I suspect.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

It's plenty sore today, plus kinda hard to type.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Hope it is healed by now. Another thing I found out about grinding welds on my log arch is that cotton sweatshirts catch fire from the sparks, and belly hair stinks when burning. I went out and bought a fire resistant welding jacket that I now wear while grinding welds.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Gearbox

I have a 9 in side grinder that thing will eat welds and puts holes in each leg of blue jeans .
Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Magicman

Quote from: 21incher on September 01, 2015, 07:02:34 PMHope it is healed by now.
Thanks, it has scabbed over so no bandaid.  At least I did not have to go and buy new gloves.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!