iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stuck

Started by Magicman, August 26, 2015, 06:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Same project re-purposing a hitch hauler.  Fitting and welding is done so I decided to get out the side grinder and cup brush to ready it for painting.  Ouch!!!  I felt something hit my left upper arm.

The cup brush slung a bristle which embedded itself.  It went in, then out, and then back in.  Kinda like sewing a stitch.  Pat frowned when I came in asking for her help.   ::)

I handed her my Leatherman tool and told her to pull.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Lynn, this hitch re-purpose project is turning into the Blood Mobile!  :-\
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

hackberry jake

Never seen that before.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Brucer

And that is why I always wear long-sleeve denim shirts when using tools, no matter how hot it gets.

Note: a sawmill is a tool. So is a front-end loader.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

hackberry jake

Quote from: Brucer on August 27, 2015, 12:20:31 AM
And that is why I always wear long-sleeve denim shirts when using tools, no matter how hot it gets.

Note: a sawmill is a tool. So is a front-end loader.
I don't know if I could wear a long sleeve shirt everytime I used a front end loader.

I would recommend using gloves around "doctor blades", they are blades used in printing.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

petefrom bearswamp

Long sleeved cotton shirt would not have prevented this.
Might have slowed the bristle down a little
Just a freak accident.
Hope you have your tetanus shot up to date Lynn
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

sandsawmill14

lynn  i would stick with it and get this project finished quick as i could !  then gather up whats left of you and hope the next one goes better  :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

It was freakish, but long sleeves would have helped and will be worn as I finish.  Yup Pete, the Tetanus is up to date.  With my track record, it was always kinda "self dating".   :-\

Bonehead things will happen but we can share and lean on each other.  The purpose of any accident posting is to raise awareness and to promote safety.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Farmerjw

That is reason #1 to always wear a face shield over safety glasses when running a wire wheel of any kind.  I started paying attention to the rpm's of my hand held grinders and the max rpm's of the wire brush I buy.  I used to think that if it was a 4.5" wire brush it was fine for my 4.5" hand grinder.  I am amazed at the assortment of wire brushes my grinder is to fast for (slinging wire at every chance).  Glad you are okay Lynn, I will be showing that picture to my welding classes!
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Chuck White

Just ran across this post, Lynn.

Most likely, it smarted a little more when Pat pulled it out, than when it went in!

Just think; Nowadays some of the "mostly younger generation" would pay top dollar for an in-out-and-back-in piercing!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

kensfarm

I had the same thing happen when wire brushing..  but mine shot straight into my wrist.  Didn't even know it was there until I was taking off my long sleeve flannel shirt and it snagged on the wire.  The wire was zigzag.. and I was in disbelief that it had gone in so far.. and never felt a thing.  I always wear my safety glasses now. 

starmac

I pulled a bonehead move. Makeing a brachet to bolt to the frame of my log truck. Just a simple 1 1/2 in wide x 3/16 thick strap, bent at a 90. I should have drilled the holes before I bent it or at least put it in the vise. lol
Little 0 volt cordless drill has WAY more torgue than a guy would think. I could easily get to the reverse button, but couldn't push it while it was in a bind. Had to wear the thing until I could find something that I could get between the drill and steel to pry it off my hand.  It torqued enough to bend the 3/16 steel.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!