iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GeorgeD

Started by woodbeard, March 01, 2003, 04:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbeard

I am going to add my name tho the list of names we use as words here i.e. DanG, DonT, etc.
GeorgeD, as in: I really GeorgeD that one!
I was trying to turn a 16' trailer around in the muddy hillside that is my driveway and got jackknifed sideways across it.
Unless I wanted to be stranded at home until June, I had to get moved, so after a a series of manuvres and off color phrases, I managed to get it pulled up into the garden. However, in the midst of all the wrangling, I forgot to raise the foot on the trailer and plowed a nice furrow with it, destroying it in the process. :(
GeorgeD

Mark M

I like it  :)

It rolls off the tounge a lot easier than saying "I WoodbearDed that one"  :D

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crosscut

:D i hate it when that happens :-[

Tagerts_crossing

All is not lost plant some peas in that trench.  drive around the yard if that is not enuf. :D
John Schoolcraft

Dave_Fullmer

GeorgeD, I hate to laugh at someone's problems like I just did, but "Been there, done that".  I won't even tell on myself about a couple of boo boo's. because I don't want to admit such stupidity.  I guess that what my boss told me when I was a senior in high school, "The only one who doesn't make any mistakes is the one who does nothing" is really true.  Bet you won't do that again, will you?

Dave
If it aint Orange (AC that is) it won't run.

Minnesota_boy

Man, I've GeorgeD my WM more than once.  I've dragged that front support around my yard and the yards of a couple of customers, too.  I even sheared off the bolts holding it when I chanced upon  a rock.  :D  I'll even bet that it will happen again. :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Mark M

I guess I GerogeD sumptin once. When I was in high school (early 70's) we had an old John Deere GP tractor from the late 1920's. My dad bought it for 100 bucks in about 1969 or so and I loved that tractor and was always trying to make it run better. It didn't have a shut off switch so we had to choke it to get it to stop. My neighbor told me I could hook up a shut-off switch to the magneto so I wired up a toggle switch and mounted it to one of those blinking light boxes they used to use around road construction and that I swiped and mounted on the fender for safety.

I didn't bother to tell my dad about the switch and one day he wanted to use the tractor for something. I happened to have a migraine headache and was laying on the couch trying to get rid of it. My dad came in after about an hour and a half of cranking that flywheel and was all pithed off. He was complaining that the tractor wouldn't start I said "well did you try turning on the switch?" (in a tone that probably was good for calming an angry person). Needless to say, this wasn't exactly the right answer and he proceeded to tell me to get my butt out there and start the DanG tractor (not his exact words). I was still pretty sick and annoyed that I had to get up so I went out, turned on the switch, and turned the flywheel about a half a turn and it started right up. For some reason (I still don't know why) I put it into high gear, cranked the steering wheel, stepped on the left brake, opened the throttle, and then engaged the clutch. The tractor did just as I predicted, it spun around in a tight circle and was pointing down the road, but not before it smashed the old man's tool box that happened to be right in front of the rear right wheel  :o

I still don't know why my dad didn't paddle my butt but he didn't. Perhaps he saw the humor in it like I do today.

Mark  

Kevin_H.

GeorgeD...GeorgeD, Yep I've got one too...Wait til you back over your WM fenders with the bobcat...I knew I should'a taken metal fab back in high school.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

biziedizie

When I was a kid I installed a remote starter on my truck and being a guy I didn't read the part about hooking up a kill switch if you have a 4 speed.............Well it worked great and it was nice to get into a warm truck in the mornings till the one day I started it with the remote and it was in gear........Right into the electrical shed! lol! My old man was so pi**ed at me that the chores were doubled that week!
  Another time he asked me to take the car to the fuel tanks and fill it up. Well the fuel tanks were in the field and the car was brand new..............I was burning around in the field doing donuts and I lost control and went through a barbed wire fence and into the pond! He didn't say a word! I knew he was mad but I think he knew that I felt really bad about that. A week later he had another new car and he's never mentioned that day ever since over the years.

Steve

Mark M

I had another GeorgeD experience. My wife and I went out to buy some sheetrock and other materials to finish off the basement of our house. We didn't have an air conditioner and decided it would help with air circulation if we put a screen door in the doorway that went to the garage. We got a nice door with an aluminum frame and it was screen from the top to the bottom. I spent about 2 hours installing the door and getting it all adjusted, everything was prefect. I then went to work in the basement and my wife called down and told me to hurry upstairs because it was really starting to rain and the sheetrock was still out in the truck. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could, forgetting about the new screen door, and blasted right through it. I was pretty pithed but she was just rolling on the floor with laughter, and soon so was I. Luckily it had some metal clips that held the screen in place so no damage was done. I'm just glad I hadn't mounted the glass panel.

woodbeard

Yes, Mark, you successfully passed the screening, and definitely GeorgeD that door. Thanks all, I'm feeling better now, the sun is finally shining, and the ground may dry up enough to get that trailer moved so I can start planting peas. I hear they make good wages for sawmill laborers ;D

Thank You Sponsors!