iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lewis 400 series

Started by biziedizie, March 06, 2003, 02:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biziedizie

So I was down at the saw shop and I got a price of $800.00 Canadian for a Lewis winch. The guy behind the counter told me that he has a brand new one at his other shop that had a few bits taken off it and would sell it to me. The bits that are missing he said he would have no problem getting them in for me. I think the parts will run about 30 buxs and I will have to asemble it.
  Does anyone have any idea what this thing is worth? Or better yet what should I offer him for it?

Thanks!
   Steve

Mark M

Steve

What does he mean by "bits"? I just got mine and I have no idea what this means. I paid $589 from Madsens. I haven't used it but it is very well built.

Mark

biziedizie

I guess what he was saying was that there are a few pieces that will need to be ordered to make it complete. See I guess it came to the shop new and a few other guys that bought new ones maybe broke a piece on theirs so they robbed pieces off the one that they had in stock. It has to be put together and the 2 new pieces have to be ordered but it is new and it's never been used.

Steve

Mark M

OK Steve, well then the price sounds reasonable.

Let's see, $800 Canadian is about $39 US eh?  ;)

ADfields

Mark that was the rate last year.   Now it's more like 1 to 1 with the way the US$ keeps droping. ::)
Andy

Thank You Sponsors!