iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

441 throttle cable

Started by yogi, March 28, 2013, 06:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yogi

We run a few stihl ms441 saws for thinning Radiata pine and Douglas fir in forests in New Zealand. We have had 3 saws that have had the throttle cable stretch resulting in a lack of power and the need for the cable to be replaced. Any one else had this problem?

joe_indi

Sorry, I am yet to see a 441 here.But why use the 441, wouldn't the 461 have been a simpler to maintain option?
Both have stratified engines, only it is done differently.The 461 has a less complicated system.
Joe

chainsaw-57

Good Morning,

There have been two updates to the MS441 throttle cable system.

Hopefully the person doing the repairs is using the latest updated parts.

Take care, Larry.  HOS.
Larry  HOS (House-O-Saws)
So many saws, so little time.
HOS@att.net.

yogi

Quote from: joe_indi on March 29, 2013, 02:36:06 AM
Sorry, I am yet to see a 441 here.But why use the 441, wouldn't the 461 have been a simpler to maintain option?
Both have stratified engines, only it is done differently.The 461 has a less complicated system.
Joe
The 461 has only just been released here so havent tried one yet.  We also use 460's which have been a great saw. The only down side in comparison to the 441 is the air filters dont stay clean as long and they are not as fuel efficient.

yogi

Quote from: chainsaw-57 on March 29, 2013, 08:36:30 AM
  Good Morning,

There have been two updates to the MS441 throttle cable system.

Hopefully the person doing the repairs is using the latest updated parts.

Take care, Larry.  HOS.
So i would assume that the cable has caused some issues to have had an upgrade. The steel wire system seemed to be better on the 440 and 460 

Thank You Sponsors!