iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blackmail

Started by Jeff, May 12, 2017, 09:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

So, we have a member who has lost his mind.  He has been banned multiple times for short periods because of various reasons, but we let him back because of the trials and troubles e has been through and frankly, because of his mental health which he has told us is an issue. bipolar he has said.   I won't say who this member is, but about a month ago he went on one of his episodes and I lost my patience with him. I definitely was not nice, but luckily he wasn't here acting up in person or I would have broken his jaw. 

Anyhow, he saved some of my messages I sent him telling him to just shut his mouth, I had had it with him, things like that.  He did a screen shot of them and then sent them to me telling me if I did not publicly apologize to him, he would send all these screen shots of messages out to this vast collection of Forestry Forum member emails he says he has.  He said he is going to ruin me.  Well, I told him to kiss my ass.    I didn't ban him though, I figured he was in the middle of another one of his melt downs.  Well, it started again this evening. I wasn't online, but one of our other admins had to deleted some messages he posted on the forum. We then banned him. This time permanently. No more chances  He's been around a long time, so its a shame, but we just can't put up with him any longer.

So, if you do get an email from this fellow, you will then know who I am referring to.  And so you know, I do not regret a thing I said to him, he had earned it. And that is the rest of the story! :) :D

Gotta go now. I and the rest of the admins are having an online good riddance party!  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

69bronco

Sounds like you've been way more than fair, you gotta do what you gotta do (recent saying).

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Its a funny feeling when I read something and I think its about me. Whew.  smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop

You did right Jeff.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

I had to set up a filter to get rid of the emails he is sending me every couple minutes.

Logger RK

Sounds like you did the right thing

Dave Shepard

::) I think i may know who, but i guess that doesn't matter really. I saw a post disappear earlier. Sucks when people go whackadoodle.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

paul case

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 12, 2017, 09:34:54 PM
Its a funny feeling when I read something and I think its about me. Whew.  smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop

You did right Jeff.  smiley_thumbsup

SAME HERE.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

grouch

I had to look up blackmail compared to extortion. Some Texas attorney posted a simple enough explanation for me to follow:
Extortion vs. Blackmail: What's The Difference?

This part is kinda spooky after reading Jeff's opening post:
Unlike extortion, blackmail does not include threats of violence to a person or property. Instead, blackmail is when an offender threatens to disclose embarrassing information or information that is potentially damaging to a person's standing in the community, family or social relationships, or professional career unless the victim surrenders money, property or services.

Of course, that presupposes the information is embarassing.
If it ain't, as in:
And so you know, I do not regret a thing I said to him, he had earned it.
that kinda lets the air outta the sails. ;)
Find something to do that interests you.

sandsawmill14

i saw a post earlier too >:(     Jeff i dont think anything he could email any of us would change our minds about the forum or you smiley_thumbsup 
i was always told if you sleep with the dogs your gonna get fleas ;D   it was time for him to go ;)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Ljohnsaw

Darn.  I was watching a movie and missed it  :-\  I think I know who and he has my email but I didn't get anything there, either :'( 
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

ellmoe

It's tough to interact with someone with true mental health issues. Often the "medications" they are put on cause worse problems. Still it is no reason to have to take abuse from them. Being banned from a forum is the least of his problems. If you are going to raise roses, you'll have to deal with some "manure.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

goose63

You did the right thing Jeff

If I get a email from him well I guess I get nasty with him >:(
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

red

I deal with mental health issues everyday. Some days are much better than the bad dark days.  Being able to just quickly write bad things and hit send is someone asking for Help. I have been going to doctors since my divorce. The doctors have changed my diagnosis many times , I am often upset on a different diagnosis. So I just tell the doctors now you can call it what ever you want , I come here for HELP. . . alcohol is really bad for me . I finally quit drinking in 2014 and it's much easier to deal with high highs and the cliff to low lows. . I hope the baned member will get the help he needs. 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

21incher

Thank you Jeff for working so hard in the background to keep the Forestry Forum the #1 site on the web. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

Red, I can tell you that I and the other admins have went farther with this member than with any other member in Forestry Forum history. It comes to a point when for our mental health that we walk away and let his problems be his problems.

Blackmail certainly was his intent. I could be embarrased on how  I conversed with him this last episode, but in a way like having mom over hear me cursing. :) I have high standards on conduct here on the forum, but one must remember, I worked in the sawmill and logging trades my entire life where language can get rough. Those that know me in person know I am not prudish, but I certainly know how to conduct myself in front of mom. Oh, and Tammy. Cursing in front of her can result in pain. :D

paul case

I will reject and not read all emails from a certain former member of the FF.

Wait a minute here, My email account has been let go, so I am rejecting email from everyone. I guess that certain former FF member will have to send me a PM on the forum, but wait a minute if he is not a member he cant do that.  ;D
Thanks for watching out for me Jeff.
I dont need all that bad language and stuff showing up in front of me and I really appreciate this being a clean site.
Quote from: 21incher on May 13, 2017, 08:18:47 AM
Thank you Jeff for working so hard in the background to keep the Forestry Forum the #1 site on the web. :)
X2
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

red

I understand completely how he has been banned before.  I have told him several times that tough times don't last , but tough people do .  His answer to me was that his problems are worse than anyone else. 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Sixacresand

I don't know any details (and don't care to know), but glad Jeff and others are there to monitor the Forum.  That makes the Forestry Forum one of the last decent mediums available. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Savannahdan

Sad that you had to put up with the problems.  I'll let you know if there some contact made with me even though I doubt it will occur.  On a good note we are getting some much needed rain here in Savannah.  I was looking for the weather posts and got sidetracked. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Texas Ranger

DanG, missed it all.  But the good news is, I am still here, so the voices in my head did not get loose. ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Pretty sure I know who, but I think I have missed a lot over the years. I know he has had warnings on occasion. Never knew he suffered mental health. But, knowing (or thought so) what has transpired in his family life, that could certainly tip one over that is already on the edge so to speak. Hope he resolves or comes to grips with that and figures things out some day to carry on without torment. We are a supportive group, but some things need other experts. ;)

I do recall, but not remember, one fella, very vaguely, that I bet was far worst and he reincarnated, if I recall. That was a real bad cat.

Well, we do have our episodes. Sometimes for the good of the whole, the corners in the closet need a more thorough cleaning. ;)

I know Jeff well enough that he handled it the best he knows. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don P

I do agree that acting out is a cry for help but after a point you have to declare yourself a wacko free zone to preserve your own mental health.
I think that covers a couple of threads and multiple folks, some days myself included  :D.

I worked for a lady that bragged one day that she had been diagnosed with 20 some personalities. All I could say was I just have the 2 and I try not to let the jerk out too often. He finally reared his ugly head, didn't feel great about it. I was contractor #2. There were 6 that I know of and he didn't finish. I've seen her saying unkind things about pretty much everyone on the net. How much credibility does someone that is whining that much have, who knows. I failed to screen hard enough soon enough.

Ox

Is this person's previous posts still up so they can be studied?  I don't know who it is yall are talking about.  I'm constantly studying people to try to become..........better educated..........because I think half the reason I'm a hermit is because I don't understand most people and therefore shy away from them in general.  I guess it's a secret, so could someone please leave me a message who it is so I can study?  Thanks.  :) :P
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Klicker

I do not know or care who it is. I know you and the other administer  do a great job of looking out for us .
2006 LT 40 HD

Jeff

There is nothing to study.

Thank You Sponsors!