iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 346XP vs 353

Started by KY CUTTER, October 27, 2007, 12:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KY CUTTER

I am with Saw Troll, I dont think my saw is an Etech.  It is EPA I generation saw.

KY CUTTER

KY CUTTER

So is my saw an Etech or not?

ehp

the one I have here has etech wrote right on the rewind so yours donot so I would say yours is not a etech

KY CUTTER

8) Well thats good news for me.  I am extremely happy with the saw.  I have used it almost everyday.  It is a saw dust throwing machine.  I look for things to cut down.  LOL 

SawTroll

Quote from: ehp on November 06, 2007, 12:54:54 PM
the one I have here has etech wrote right on the rewind so yours donot so I would say yours is not a etech

That is right, the big dog confirmed on another forum that a number of non-cat ones have arrived in the US, but also said that the majority will be E-tech ones ;)
Information collector.

Cut4fun

Grande dog from Baileys said they get mixed batches of the new 346's in. Some will be e-tech and some will not be. So it sounds like a pot luck draw on what is sent out. He said that place where you bought yours that starts with N????   also gets their 346's from the same supplier that they do.

Cut4fun

Quote from: Cut4fun on November 07, 2007, 02:23:21 PM
Grande dog from Baileys said they get mixed batches of the new 346's in. Some will be e-tech and some will not be. So it sounds like a pot luck draw on what is sent out. He said that place where you bought yours that starts with N????   also gets their 346's from the same supplier that they do.

You must have post while I was typing, well at least they know now.

Cut4fun

This is the post from Baileys grande dog,

Maybe I can shed a little light here. The "N" people get their saws from the same vendor we do. I talked to the vendor. There was much confusion when the 50cc version was replacing the 45cc versions. We actually had some of the non e-tech machines go though us also. It has to do emissions credits. For each version they can bring in 5000 without using credits. From what I understand They used the non e-techs to fill the demand. I was informed that all of the units that go through this vendor in the future, will be e-tech.
Sure seems like a bunch of hard feelings when the only difference is a $38 muffler.

KY CUTTER

Well so i guess I saved another $35 bucks.  Thanks for the research guys.  Where are other chainsaw forums I can read? 

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

SawTroll

Information collector.

beenthere

The Forestry Forum is the best site... :) :) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SawTroll

Quote from: beenthere on November 09, 2007, 01:36:25 PM
The Forestry Forum is the best site... :) :) 8)

I wonder why I have about 25 times as many posts on one of the others then......... :D :D :)
Information collector.

beenthere

SawTroll
You are spreading your wisdom to others...as well as us'n.  Thanks :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!