iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice G loader

Started by 1wkinsley, June 06, 2016, 02:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1wkinsley

I just bought a Prentice G loader I think its from the 70s. how much horsepower is needed to run this hog?

Grandpa

I seem to remember hearing 40 horsepower for a truck loader.

I do know for sure a 75 horse engine will run a Barko 80 and barely open the governor.

Hope this helps.

Gearbox

It depends what you are running for pumps . 40 GPM is going to need 50 HP . Twin 40's will need at least 90 . 1 HP per gallon at 1500 PSI . You can get by with less but you will be feathering the controls.
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

snowstorm

you want to look it over real well. they were known for breaking the mast. i had one until 1981 then traded it towards a 110

1wkinsley

Its never been welded anywhere that I can see. One more question for those of you who have used one of these: what kind of a turn radius does this have? If I face it a certain direction could I then put logs to the opposite side?

snowstorm

pictures of the mast where the hoses go down. should have a tag that says gobc  if its a g. the seat swings with the boom if its a g

1wkinsley

It is a G for sure. The tag says G-SR does anyone know what that stands for?

North River Energy

Assuming the G uses a similar swing rack to the H, you should have about 400 degrees of swing.
The SR designation has something to do with how the loader is configured, but I don't have an answer beyond that.

1wkinsley

thanks for the help. Does anyone have a guess on what a Prentice G weighs?

Thank You Sponsors!