iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New mill on the property

Started by Ea$y Money, August 09, 2019, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ea$y Money

Just got home the other day with my new mill. Timberking 1400 with diesel engine upgrade and setworks plus package.

This is my first mill and can say that I'm about to bust with excitement. It will be for my personal projects but I won't pass up a chance to make a buck. 

I can't speak in a review capacity about the mill because, 1: This is the first and only mill & 2: I haven't even made the first bit of sawdust yet. I do however want to give a shout out to Timberking and praise their buying process. I have bought a lot of equipment over the years and this has been the best purchasing experience I've ever had. No hassle, no pushing, no spam, just ask questions and get answers. Call if you need to. Walk through and inspection was per personal and not rushed. The order was correct and from first blush everything looks top notch. Even my wife is impressed... That speaks volumes right there. 

Bunch of SYP awaits! 

The harder you work, the luckier you get.

Timberking 1400 w/Diesel engine and Setworks, IH 986, Kubota M5-091, Lincoln Pipeliner SA-250 Diesel Welder, Lots of Stihl, Warn 8274 Winch.

WV Sawmiller

Easy,

Congrats on the mill. Nice part of the country to have a mill. My FIL was raised in Ellijay near you and we used to go up to get apples in October and even bought and owned some land from my wife's cousin there for a while over bordering the Cohutta Wildlife Refuge.

My mill is orange but I had a similar experience when I bought it. I hear only good comments about most of the major league sawmill dealers and I trust you you will continue to have great service and experiences from them. Keep us posted on the sawing experiences and let us know when you first saw into the side supports, forget to lower a toeboard and saw a big long wedge or forget to raise the side supports and roll a log completely off the mill. When you do just know you are now a member of our elite club. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TimGA

Real happy for ya, just try and be careful moving and turning your logs and cants. You will throw your back out in a hurry. 
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Ea$y Money

Quote from: TimGA on August 09, 2019, 06:26:36 PM
Real happy for ya, just try and be careful moving and turning your logs and cants. You will throw your back out in a hurry.
I'm not getting any younger that's for sure. Have a ton of work to do just getting set up. Trying to fight the urge to cut a log until I get things situated.

Timberking 1400 w/Diesel engine and Setworks, IH 986, Kubota M5-091, Lincoln Pipeliner SA-250 Diesel Welder, Lots of Stihl, Warn 8274 Winch.

Ea$y Money

WV Sawmiller: I know I will pay my dues one way or another... I have a box of kleenex ready for the first initiation. It is a beautiful area here. My wife says I can live anywhere I want, but if I want to visit her, she will be in these mountains.  :D

Need some cooler weather that's for sure!

thecfarm

Congrats on the mill. I only saw for the wife.  ;D  You will need a Logrite cantdog or a peavey.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ea$y Money

Quote from: thecfarm on August 09, 2019, 09:11:57 PM
Congrats on the mill. I only saw for the wife.  ;D  You will need a Logrite cantdog or a peavey.
Thanks. Any boy do I have needs... been collecting some stuff the past couple of years. I like the old and oddball stuff. I have a couple of cant hooks. Need new handles. Have some larger chisels and bits/ braces. My SYP that's down has been sitting 2 summers. It's off the ground, but I don't have much hope for it being structural grade wood. Going to practice cutting some 4x4 and 6x6 for the mud sills and bolsters for stacking my eventual good wood. Have some poplar from this year that I plan to make a bunch of stickers out of. Also, planning to build some staging to load logs on with a tractor and not depend on the winch that came with the mill. I have a vintage Warn 8274 winch I have rebuilt with new motor and synthetic line. Been clearing my spot for almost 2 years now (that's where the logs came from). Now I have a flat spot! It's a work in process and I'm enjoying every aspect. Wish I could have pulled off purchasing the mill a year ago. Hate to waste those logs. Spent so much time and effort to keep them. Might get lucky and salvage enough for a she shed for the wife or at least some live edge siding. Time will tell. I have more chainsaws than I deserve. Been running Stihl and honestly need to thin the herd but... Eventually I will get the rest of my timber down and milled in short order. Going to use to build my barn. I tend to either have time or money, but neither at the same time. First world problems I know.

WV Sawmiller

Forget the new handles. Buy yourself a new LogRite (2 is better) cant hook. Consider it your first piece of safety equipment as it is. An old dull cant hook will get you hurt. A lot of us use our practice wood to build a shed to house the mill or store lumber. Make lots of stickers as well as the dunnage you mention.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

*2 on the Logrite over new handles, absolutely no comparison, the day you break a wood handle and fall over backwards you will understand why you should have bought the Logrite. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

RAYAR

WoW! New mill, you will love it, the sawdust will be flying soon enough.
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (430,000 Km)

Sixacresand

Congratulations on you new mill.   You will have fun with it and make some fine lumber in the process.  It is hot up there, too. Be careful getting it set up.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

ladylake

Sounds  good, what diesel motor, should sip fuel.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ea$y Money

24.8 hp Kubota. Should have torque for days...  Plus most of my other toys are Kubota so fluids and such can be bought in bulk. I'm not sure yet if the Kubota hydraulic fluid will run in the system. It's not listed in the manual but it haven't researched it properly.

crackerhead

Just noticed that you are in Dahlonega I am south of you on Old Dahlonega Hwy at the county line .Stop by sometime . I am running a 0-1 frick circle mill
"thars gold in them thar hills"  Dahlonega Ga ,site of America's first major gold rush in 1828

Nebraska

Congrats on the new mill, Happy for you, but what's that about too many chainsaws, by gosh I don't know if that's possible.  ;D  Post pictures. 

Thank You Sponsors!