pappy19

2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

fishpharmer

hey thats fun.  Thanks.  I just saw a lifetimes worth of big bucks ;D

There is a very similar game available as a free download on iphone if interested.
I just looked at it. its called iHunt.  Has birds and clays too.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

jdtuttle

That was fun 8)
Got anything with arrows ;D
It's archery season up here in NY now :D
Have a great day

rickywashere

treecyclers

Quote from: jdtuttle on October 21, 2009, 09:33:35 PM
That was fun 8)
Got anything with arrows ;D
It's archery season up here in NY now :D
I've been out about 7 times so far, and haven't bagged one yet.
The law of averages says I should get one soon, so we'll see.
Did have 3 does within 15 yards, but no shot due to an apple tree being in the way.
Dave
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

jdtuttle

I've been out about 7 times so far.

Dave, The season only opened Saturday ;)
When did you start hunt'n :o
jim

Have a great day

ely

blackpowder season starts sat. here. me and the kids are heading west to granite for the weekend. should be a live one.

WH_Conley

I thought season started right after the first frost, so the ticks were gone. Have I been missing something? :D
Bill

treecyclers

Quote from: jdtuttle on October 22, 2009, 09:35:26 AM
I've been out about 7 times so far.

Dave, The season only opened Saturday ;)
When did you start hunt'n :o
jim
Opening morning, opening night, Sunday morning, sunday night, Monday morning, Monday night, and Tuesday morning.
Been sawing like a madman since my last hunt, hope to be back out in the bushes tomorrow night.
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Ron Scott

Archery Buck. 6-pointer shot 11/1/09 at 5:15 pm. Trailed until dark and found at 8:00 am this morning just in time as coyotes were starting to get to it.

~Ron

pasbuild

Good fer ya Ron 8) still lookin fer mine
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Magicman

Good for you Ron.  Our season opens in about 2 1/2 weeks..... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Picked up a doe on Nov. 1, and now lookin for a buck. Nice one Ron. 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

VT_Forestry

Whacked two does with the muzzleloader on the 31st...next time I'll be able to go is opening day of gun season on the 14th.  can't wait :)
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Weekend_Sawyer

I took a doe with my bow last week. My 4th ever with bow. I have one more stamp left for WV. Of course here in my part of MD you can still take unlimited does with a bow.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

beenthere

Out bow hunting at 8 am today, and within 5 minutes had two doe walk by, and a buck showed up shortly. TThe buck made a bad turn from me, so just watched him wind his way through the thick brush. About 30 minutes later, a nice buck walked out from same place of other buck. Thinking he might make that same "bad turn", I made a shot at 30 yards. Missed, and he jumped about 10 yards and looked at me while I nocked another arrow. He then moved and I took a 40 yd shot, but that missed too.

Then another 30 minutes later, 3 doe ran to my stand, under it, and kept going. Figured they were being pushed. Sure enough, in 5 minutes this 7 pointer (140#) came following the path of the three doe. He didn't make it to my stand.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Norm

Way to go Kent!

We opened up the cornfield back of my son's house a couple of days ago. Out came the biggest buck my buddy running the combine had seen this year. Me on the other hand have not been out yet. Harvest is so behind schedule that we're using any free time doing it.

Burlkraft

Nice job Kent   8)  8)  8)  8)

Does this mean we're gonna have more of Tom's venison stew??  digin_2 digin_2
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

I sure hope so. Might have to give him a supply to work with yet this week.   digin1 musteat_1  digin_2 food6 
south central Wisconsin

Ron Scott

Kent,

A great morning hunt! The rut must be on, Well done!
~Ron

treecyclers

Had a great hunt with jdtuttle (Mr. Jim), though unproductive.
It was great to hang out again, as he's definitely got some of the best deer hunting prospects I have seen in a very long time!
Thanks Jim!
Dave

Chris Burchfield

Never hunted deer before I retired last April. First was a four point, second was a 10 point here in TN. Both with my youngest son's 223 Savage Bolt action with scope. Pretty much a sniper gun by my reckoning.  Dad passed in 98 and left youngest son his Marlin 36 RC? My Dad never took a deer with it. I asked if I could use it this year, which son said yes. I went to Wal-mart and picked out a nice Nikon scope to mount on it. Local gun smith charged $6.00 to bore site it at the counter same day. Went out and test fired it four times today. I'm happy with the rounds placed as is. Three food plots are seeing visitors I planted this summer. Sixteen days to go before gun season opens. Hope it'll frost a couple of more times to kill the skeeters. Congratulations to those that have bagged already.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Ron Scott

Beenthere,

With all those bucks running around you, what kind os scent were you using??
~Ron

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

celliott

Rifle season starts this saturday in Vermont
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Thank You Sponsors!