iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nokka 31 log loader

Started by Atlantic Trader, June 09, 2014, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantic Trader

I have a chance to pick one up locally for my firewood business, it is a used machine pins are not worn and are tight, no hydraulic leaks and wheels and wheel bearings seem fine. anybody have one or had one, pros cons likes dislikes, do they keep there value

David-L

Atlantic Trader, I have had a similar setup for years now and cant' imagine being without it. mine is a Vreten crane and a Kelsa trailer. Many uses besides cordwood and logging, overall a very handy tool.

David l

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Atlantic Trader

Thanks for the reply and insight David. I use my tractor forks to load the processor deck now,and think this will speed up the loading process?

Atlantic Trader

I have had the Nokka 31 for over a year now and everything is still good despite some leaks, I use it almost everyday and like it has been said I don't know what I would do without it. It has increased my productivity at least 25%.

beulahland

Hi Atlantic trader I can can not speak highly enough about mine.  I've been logging full time with mine for nearly 2 years. If I have the wood on the ground I can move 60 to 90 ton of wood in a day and load it on truck.  I bought it used with several hundred hours and have put about 1500 hours on it myself.  The pins and rack and pinion gears show no wear grapple is tight.  The only problem I've had is the nordhydraulic valve body has very unique seals which are very pricey.  I finally resealed the valve with normal metric seals and all is well.  I think you will be very pleased with it I
John Deere 5205, Nokka 3970 forwarding trailer, stihl 261m

Ecc 2-24. There is nothing better for a man then he should eat and drink & find enjoyment in his toil.

Thank You Sponsors!