iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Processor Build

Started by hams12926, January 24, 2018, 11:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hams12926

First let me start off by saying this forum has been very helpful and inspiring.  My brother and I have a hobby business we sell firewood.  We started out a few years ago and by word of mouth we are expanding. We current use a timberwolf 2whd splitter and a conveyor for our business.  We initially started on this adventure to make some extra money to take hunting trips out west which we did last year.  However we are  now considering building a processor.  We have a shop and he is a welder by trade.  I have seen a lot of people on here building their own processor.  Well we need some help we are in the infancy of the build and making plans and gathering supplies.   We would like to do a circular saw set up no more chains and bars our wood is clean and no metal so not worried about hitting something.  Ive looked at CRD and Bells and multitek.  I know CRD uses two pumps danfoss and PVG valves but dont know models and dont know how big of hydraulic motors to run for deck, infeed and saw.  We are buying a 70-80 hp diesel engine duetz or cummins.  I need help on the hydraulics and instead of reinventing the wheel I though I would ask.  Model numbers for pumps, rams, motors would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to run a 48-50in saw at around 1000 RPM. 

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Crusarius

This sounds fun. I think I will follow along for the ride.

sandhills

Welcome to the forum hams, information here is great and easy to find, I'll be following along as well, sorry I'm not more help but there are members here that specialize in hydraulics and know what they're talking about, where are you from?

hams12926

New York.  Thank you for following hoping for good advice from some people who know hydraulics.

Crusarius

NY is a good size state. Can you narrow it down?

Thank You Sponsors!