iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PROUD MUM :D

Started by asy, December 11, 2006, 07:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

My daughter, Stephanie, is in the Australian Youth Choir.

She's been a member of the choir for three years now, and has progressed through the ranks to level 3 choir. She just loves it. Loves the training, loves performing, and loves the whole thing.

This year she was eligible to audition for the recital choir, which she did. She worked for 3 months training and learning her audition song, then, the week before her audition she swapped songs... She was originally going to do "Memory", from Cats, but ended up doing "I still call Australia Home", which is one of her favourites.

Anyway, today in the mail came "The Letter"... 

She's been offered a place in the Recital Choir for next year!!!

She's STOKED, and quite frankly, so am I!

She's eligible to go on tour next year, it sounds wonderful, they're going to sing in Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and London! [SIZE="1"]Unfortunately, there's no chance in anyone's daylights I can afford $8k to send her, but it does sound lovely...[/SIZE]

Anyway, I just wanted to share, coz I'm so thrilled.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Bibbyman

smiley_blue_bounce

Great for you both! 

It makes it a lot easier to raise a kid that's got a positive goal and achievement to drive them away from a 1,000 other things that they shouldn't be doing.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Burlkraft

Congrats to the proud Mom and her daughter..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Way ta go... 8) 8) 8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Tom

I can understand your pride and she has a right to be proud of herself too.

Too bad the school, it is a school choir isn't it, can't make some considerations for taking care of the kids travel.  There must be businesses in the area that would supplement the cost.

TexasTimbers

Well you left out an important part asy. She didn't get to be such a great young girl all by herself. Your title should read:

PROUD MOM . . . . . AND GOOD ONE TOO!
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Roxie

I couldn't be happier for you both!   8)
Say when

asy

Thanks everyone!

I am really proud of how well she's worked. She got good grades at school this year too, and all A's on her music report, so she got a new flute the other week. That took every "spare" cent I had, and the well's now dry...

My son did well this year too, considering. His report was quite good.

And they're both healthy, which is far and away the most important thing (my friend's son is really sick and it's taking a toll on us all).

I'm sure something will come up regarding the tour, if it's supposed to. She's probably missed the cut off this year, as the deposit is due next week, but there's always next year...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!