iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Hydro-Ax 520 with 8' cutter head

Started by john_bud, December 22, 2007, 10:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john_bud

Hi,

Newbee here.  I was looking at an old Hydro-Ax 520 with an 8' wide single spindle brush/tree mower on it. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on these units?  Reliability, expense to keep running, parts availablility, etc.

Thanks!

jb
280 acres of tree farm

Gary_C

I don't know about that specific model but I have a 311 B with a shear head and bar saw head and it is a good machine, but it had some very good care before I got it. Condition is the important thing to look at  and trying the machine is necessary.

Those machines were made just about 15 miles north of me and Hydroaxe is still making machines today. They were bought by Blount International some years ago and are still making skidders and fellerbunchers. They also got into a joint venture with Cat making their machines and on Nov. 5, Cat bought the old Hydroaxe operation from Blount. So there should not be any problem getting parts as Cat is going to use that old Hydroaxe operation to continue making their forest machines. It's hard to say how this will affect the dealers as I know in Minnesota the Hydroaxe dealers are big Komatsu dealers.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!