iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberjack transmission

Started by redneck, June 08, 2014, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneck

Used my skidder this weekend and noticed its hard to shift gears can feel grinding through the leavers.  Clutch is only slowing down the drive shaft that comes out of the tranny a little.  I am assuming that i need a new clutch?? No slipping detected when starting out or pulling, just does not disconnect the engine rotation from the tranny when i need to shift.  I noticed it was taking more time to slow the drive shaft down to a stop last year but now its not even stopping just slows it a little.  Does anyone know if they are adjustable like some large trucks?
The skidder is an early 70's or late 60's 200 series timberjack with a T98 148h warner transmission with the Forward and reverse box and leaver in front of the 4 speed leaver not on the side like the newer skidders.
Thanks for any input and suggestions
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

Maine logger88

The clutch is adjustable on my 225, should be a threaded piece of rod up by the bellhousing with a double nut then adjust till you have about 2 inches of free pedal
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

redneck

ok thanks, i will look that over on the weekend. 
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

Thank You Sponsors!