iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Preservatives

Started by JBS 181, December 31, 2010, 09:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS 181

Hope I have this in the right section. What brand of wood finishes or preservatives are working best for your exteriors. I built a small out building out of some pine and I would like to put something on it to preserve the wood. I know that this task will have to be done every 2 to 3 years but I would like to hear from experience. I have researched a bit about Sikkens, Cabots, Defy and a few other products. What do you use?

ljmathias

I used the following on live edge pine siding I put on my son's house- looks great and is holding up extremely well.  I think that, if you apply the clear topcoat (which makes it shiny and shed water) it's got some extended warranty but I don't remember for how long... not cheap but lots cheaper than replacing siding after a few years or having to re-coat every couple of years; good luck.

Lj

Woodguard Tawny Cypress 5 Gallon      WDGD-TC-5 GAL  $189.75   $379.50
1    Woodguard TopCoat Gloss 5 Gallon      WDGDTOP-GLOSS 5 GAL  $299.75   $299.75
2    Bug  Juice Insecticide                BugJuice-8 Oz   $49.75    $99.50
------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                    Subtotal     $778.75
                                     Shipping: Free Shipping       $0.00
                                                   Tax Total       $0.00
                                                 Grand Total     $778.75

Please come again!
Store URL: http://www.logfinish.com
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

ljmathias

Oh, and part of the reason it cost me so much is that I took advice from other forum members and coated BOTH sides of the siding before I put it up, then did a second coat of the entire wall followed by the clear coat after everything had dried for a couple of weeks... tedious but again, better than having to repeat the process too often.

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Thank You Sponsors!