iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What am I going to do?

Started by clintnelms, June 08, 2016, 08:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintnelms

Well,  I've got to have surgery on the 30th. I have two compressed nerves in my right arm. Doctor says I'll be out for 10 to 14 days. I told the doctor, "So you're saying I can't run my sawmill for 2 weeks?" He said nope. So what now? How am I going to get my sawmill fix now? Guess I'll be spending a lot of time on here.

WV Sawmiller

Sorry about the surgery. Hope all goes well. There are worse places to be than on the FF.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sandsawmill14

they did my heart cath through my right arm ( they can do that now if veins are good enough :o ) he told me i couldnt do anything for 5 days so  i had them put it in a sling and the next morning i taped it where i couldnt move it  so i didnt forget and try to use  ;D then went on to the sawmill about 18 hrs after they discharged me ;D i also hoped around on a fractured leg for 3 weeks one time before i gave in and went to the doctor :o ::) he asked me why i waited so long to come see him and i told him i thought it would get better and he said "well it will in another 8-10 weeks if you keep walking on or about 3-4 if you will go home and behave"  :o   total bill was almost 600 bucks total treatment was go home and prop it up >:( and they wonder why i dont go to the doc till i just have to :D :D :D

disclaimer this is all true :o  I do not recommend trying this at home :) i am not responsible for anyone who try too be as stupid as me smiley_dunce smiley_dizzy dadgum you, Charlie! :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

valley ranch

Hope it goes well. Or, you can get out of having to do it. Good luck and heal well.

http://www.nevadaservicedogs.org/

Magicman

I wish you the best with the surgery.   :P  Yup, spending time here on the FF can be good therapy as well as educational and entertaining.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

:) ::) 8) You could bring some GRITS up here and sit in the shade and watch me run mine :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

Or sit in the sun the past couple of days and watch me run mine.  Wow, I am enjoying my day off.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clintnelms

Quote from: goose63 on June 09, 2016, 02:42:49 PM
  :) ::) 8) You could bring some GRITS up here and sit in the shade and watch me run mine :D

Haha 😂

GAB

Someone, close by, needs to bring him a coloring book with pictures of sawmills and a box of crayons.  OK maybe two coloring books, one to practice and experiment with and the other one for finished refrigerator art work.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

Quote from: GAB on June 09, 2016, 07:42:57 PM
Someone, close by, needs to bring him a coloring book with pictures of sawmills and a box of crayons.
What on earth is he going to do with a whole box of Orange crayons??   ???

justallan1

Do yourself a huge favor and take the time off.
I had surgery on my right shoulder at the end of march for bone spurs, during which time they partially cut loose my bicep and I was suppose to take it easy for 3 months, take pain pills daily and see a physical therapist once a week.
Me being the smart guy I am refused to take the pain pills and thought "taking it easy" meant farming, which turned into riding my 4-wheeler to fence, then helping brand 2,000 calves, ETC.
Night before last the physical therapist tells me that I'm in no better shape than the day I started.
Although I still work everyday and will eventually get better, I'm sure wishing I had listened.

gimpy

When it comes to surgery, it's normally the first time is the only possibility of getting it right. Very often, the surgery is perfect but the patient fails to get relief because they didn't give their body enough time to heal.

A few weeks won't really be missed. The inability to return to pre-surgery abilities, a lifetime.

Do you and yours a favor.  :P
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

thecfarm

You are going to do what the Doctor told you to do.  ;D You will have 10- 14 days of rest and than all that time your "lost" will be gained back. You will feel better and feel like doing more after the time off.
Good luck!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GAB

Quote from: Magicman on June 09, 2016, 07:49:58 PM
Quote from: GAB on June 09, 2016, 07:42:57 PM
Someone, close by, needs to bring him a coloring book with pictures of sawmills and a box of crayons.
What on earth is he going to do with a whole box of Orange crayons??   ???

Since I have no clue as to what type or brand of sawmill the man has I was not limiting him to one crayon color.
Another option I guess would be to spend time with the good book.
I realize that BIBLE stands for Basic Information Before Leaving Earth and that no one is in a hurry to leave so most are not in any hurry to spend time with it.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

sealark37

Do as the doc says.  If you get too antsy, get a limber brush and a rag and start a slow clean-up of your mill.  Regards, Clark

fishfighter

I can't give the OP all wisdom other then listen to your body. I'm real guilty not doing what my doctors tell me, but on the other hand, they keep telling me what ever I'm doing, keep doing. :D

Thank You Sponsors!