iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Alaska, my Alaska. How I love thee

Started by Warbird, January 24, 2012, 04:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

Chuck White

Most people just simply overlook the fact that the moose (bull or cow) can be a very dangerous animal.

They are more than capable of killing a man, even a young man in the best of health.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Warbird

They are typically stupid beasts but they can be dangerous stupid beasts.  That young lady has some gumption.  He's a lucky man.  Here is a video of the couple:

http://vimeo.com/35491865

Norm

Magicman

Wow, is right.  That is one feisty lady.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

He is a lucky man and she is a brave woman. 

In certain areas around here I always worry about startling a moose, as they often charge at noise and the can't see worth a darn. Another forester I know got charged by a moose and said it was awfully scary.

Roxie

I think the most fascinating part of the story is that she went after the moose, thinking it was attacking her dog.  Imagine what she would have done if she had known it was her husband that was down. 

Moral of the story....never underestimate old people.   :)

Say when

sandhills

Especially the ones packin shovels!  :D

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: sandhills on January 25, 2012, 11:11:46 AM
Especially the ones packin shovels!  :D

I think we can just say "Especially the ones packing..."

Shovels are good, other hardware can be used if available...

Herb

Magicman

I have never seen a shovel holster.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Quote from: Magicman on January 25, 2012, 04:19:43 PM
I have never seen a shovel holster.   :D
I guess you never had a E-tool :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Mooseherder

Wow,  We have close encounters with Moose all the time up north.  Our property seems to be on a main thoroughfare and it is really their place more than ours.
We didn't see much of them during the day last summer but the new Game cam got 4 different Moose while we were there.  Somehow 3 got deleted from a video card when I inserted and viewing it into my cousins camera.  I think it was his fault. :D
I only got to save a picture that was on another card and didn't even bother to bring it up because I was disgusted with my continued bad luck with Game Cams.
Sure wouldn't want to have to run away from a Moose.

Patty

I want to be that lady when I grow up!! She is one tough cookie!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Warbird

http://www.adn.com/2012/02/21/2329468/22providence-moose.html

I think it was the same moose, just wanting to pay a visit to the old-timer and apologize!  LOL

Warbird

Thank You Sponsors!