iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Women in forestry

Started by doctorb, February 24, 2012, 08:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

I like grits, no problem, I just don't turn to it as my primary breakfast staple. I like okra, for crying out loud!  :D :D Where I came from I never once heard of okra.

My wife is not a GRITS, but she and I are raising 3 little GRITS and two little BRITS.
::)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

SwampDonkey

Yeah they don't grow okra anywhere up in this region that I have ever heard of and father, uncle and cousins were big farmers of several 100 acres. Father grew wheat for a local gris mill.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

Oregon Woman is Top Female Forester
KOIN-TV, Sept. 26, 2019
In an industry long dominated by men, one Oregon woman stands out amid a veritable forest of peers. Heidi Leib is one of just two female logging contract coordinators in the entire Northwest. She's currently working on a site in the Tillamook Forest. And she's worked hard to be where she's at today. READ MORE
~Ron

Ron Scott

Women in the Woods: Family, Forestry, and Falling in Love with the Working Landscape (VT)
North Star Monthly, Jan, 4, 2023
A generation ago, it was rare to find women working the forested landscape. Today they are often leaders in the field, protecting its health, developing products, and tying workers and landowners together across the region.
The E Forester
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!