iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anderson Equipment Buys Oliver Stores

Started by CTL logger, January 04, 2013, 06:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTL logger

I was just at the oliver stores website and it said that Anderson Equipment now owns them. Guess it's not a rumor anymore. Don't know if this is good or bad I own a 430fxl komatsu and couldn't get track bolts for 3 days from anderson, the other time I tried to get a water pump from them it didn't come in oh yeah after I drove an hour and fifteen they told me it hadn't made it up on the shuttle. I drove another hour to a cummins dealer and they had it in the shelf, after that I ordered any parts from another dealer and pay the shipping. As far as forestry equipment support goes from my local Anderson Equipment it's a joke maybe this will help. ::)

loggah

I had heard that a week ago. I never had any problems with oliver stores,they always been good,hopefully they will still be. I had my franklin grapple and they always were quick with anything i needed,and i bought a reconditioned  John Deere 653 feller buncher from them and they were behind anything i needed. I have dealt with Oliver stores for over 40 years tho  from back in the time when they handled thiokol and Pisten -bully snow grooming equipment. That said i hope Anderson dont screw them up. I used to deal with R.C. Hazelton in manchester for my Komatsu parts ,and it wouldn't take much to improve on them !!!! Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

CTL logger

I bought my feller from oliver stores one of the best dealers i've ever dealt with. I agree with Loggah I hope the big corporation that is anderson doesn't ruin that company. One of their salesmen told me back in october this was taking place but posts on here said they talked to anderson and they knew nothing about it, guess they were last to know. Good luck up that way around here Anderson barley knows what a fellerbuncher is I had an 05 timbco with Rolly II, I wanted to trade on a forwarder they said they couldn't give me a trade value because they didn't know what it was worth, I told them what i wanted they said they couldn't justify giving someone that much for a trade-in on a piece of forestry equipment asked if I could go to a dealer out of my area Komatsu said absoutley not. The Oliver store tried to help me out Anderson said no way. This is just my experience with Anserson Equipment. 

snowstorm

i wiil call randy tomorrow and find out whats going on

snowstorm

those rotten nogoods i am not impressed. i know most of the guys that work at the bangor store. thats ok i know quite a few across the river at cat. for keto parts they can bolth get them

loggah

Wow!!! sound like Anderson could be a pain! the only thing i have now that Oliver stores sell is a JCB 214S backhoe,  I may Call John In Lancaster and get the skinny  myself. Back when i started dealing with Oliver Stores in the dark ages the owner was in the store!! Don Waterman, been a lots thru since then. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

snowstorm

they lost the jcb dealership quite a while ago

loggah

Well ,i admit i havent had to buy any parts for a year and a half  ;D,they sold a bunch of machines in this area to towns.To bad they were handy.Don

snowstorm

i dont think its a good thing when the little dealers sell out. chadwick baross sold out to strongo. ya i never heard of them ether. they are a big volvo dealer in western Canada all the john deere dealers in maine are nortrax. so the are owned by deere

loggah

Well Chadwick-Baross selling out wasn't a bad thing in my mind!!  they charged me $1000 for putting a $5.00 seal in a 275b Michigan steering box, and i brought the box and steering column down to them!!!! >:( >:( then they charged me an environmental fee for throwing the seal away  !! they got a earfull!! Don

snowstorm

never had any dealings with them. did stop last spring and look at a 1270tj they had. tired iron with a big price tag. and a couple ponsse there price was way out there

CTL logger

A grand to put a seal in that's ridiculous, I love how these places come up with extra charges. Why is it everyone is crooked but the people buying the product, the consumer never gets to take advantage of anything, just pay and pay.

1270d

Have you folks had bad dealings with nortrax over that way?  Seems I haven't heard much nice things about their stores over there.

snowstorm

nothing bad. havnt bought anything form them in quite a while. they are all there is for deere forestry or construction in maine. there used to be one independent deere dealer in the state. up in fort kent. if you google frank martin@ son you may find the law suit between deere and martin. something about false warranty claims. replacing the frame in a yellow 648 but useing the vin #from a green one that was still under warranty

loggah

My brother has bought a half dozen morbark chippers and a stump grinder from Nortrax and hasen't had any problems with the dealer,now if they could only keep the computers from vibrating apart !! Don

DigDug

I hear Andersen is closing the New Gluocester store.   I am trying to gear up with some choker chains and winch cables to sell out of my small shop .   My uncle Ted worked out of the New Gloucester store for 35yrs - sales.

Maine372

ted was a good man. always treated my father and I well. he even loaned me a brand new rotobec grapple for a school project once.

Black_Bear

Quote from: loggah on January 04, 2013, 08:03:04 PM
Wow!!! sound like Anderson could be a pain! the only thing i have now that Oliver stores sell is a JCB 214S backhoe,  I may Call John In Lancaster and get the skinny  myself.

John used to be the guy to talk to at the Lyndonville Grappone's/Nortrax before it closed. I would wait for him to become free before I dealt with anyone else - I thought he was very good at what he did. Sometimes the right guy behind the counter can make up for the ineffeciencies at the corporate level. 

DigDug

Quote from: Maine372 on January 27, 2013, 10:17:57 PM
ted was a good man. always treated my father and I well. he even loaned me a brand new rotobec grapple for a school project once.
Nice!  Teds pretty easy going and had a large customer base . We talk about daily.

loggah

When i used to deal with Oliver stores in New Gloucester,Craig Walker was the store manager,and Dan Goff was the on the road salesman.I dont remember Ted,he must have taken Dans place when Dan went selling medical supplys.

DigDug

Loggah,   I will ask him , im curious.   I know he worked there when craig was running it .   Ted Macdonald  was also the store manager for some years during the JCB times.   

DigDug

Loggah,  he said he was there the same time as Dan and didnt replace him.   He said Dan is currently selling insurance.   And he specialized in selling the pisten bullys when at the oliver stores.   Did Dan sell you a skigroomer or logging equipment?    Nice museum you have over there.   doug

loggah

Dan, Was selling Thiokol and then pisten bully Snowgrooming equipment,with Valley engineering  attachments, the company i worked for at the time also bought a franklin 165 forewarder thru  them. Don

DigDug

Oh ya , i forgot about Valley Engineering.   I think Don Waterman also started that .

loggah

Thank You Sponsors!