iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deer Stand my Norwood Built

Started by Planman1954, September 30, 2010, 06:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Congrats on the first deer harvest.   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Is that a 7mm/O8?

or the Magnum?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Planman1954

It's 7mm/08. I think this thread is about to become food....I bought a meat grinder at Academy today and some sausage seasoning mix.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Chuck White

Congratulations on breaking the ice Planman.

I have a 7mm-08 Rem and have taken a lot of deer with it.
I also have a 280 Rem (which is also 7mm), fairly new and has only taken 3 deer.
And I also have a 7mm Rem mag which has taken an unknown number of deer.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

paul case

i like deer sausage . my fav is deer summer sausage with cheese and jalapeno chunks  in the mix.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

rbhunter

Congradulations on the deer.  Our season starts tomorrow morning.

"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Planman1954

OK...so, this morning was my wifes' turn. She got HER first deer. It was also her first time EVER firing a rifle. She was excited, to say the least, and was by herself in the deer stand. She's been there constantly for 4 or 5 days, saw the deer, and let the lead fly!

paul case

way to go planwoman!!! air_plane     
pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Buck

Hey planman, I have had better luck with stain and waterseal than paint. Just my two cents. Congrats to you and the Mrs.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Magicman

Congratulations to both of you.  My Magicwoman shoots a 7-08 as do several of the Grandchildren.  I use a .280, but that 7-08 is a sweet shooting rifle.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

That's cool Mrs. Planman.  Congratulations.  Hey! Where's the blood on the face? ;) :D :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Planman1954

Good job noticing that in her photo. We'll have to get her next time. Took the deer to the processor and didn't have time. We'll get her on the next one. (But really, who wants to do that on such a BEAUTIFUL face?? :)

Planman1954

Whoo - Hoo!!!  Thanks everyone!!! (This is Mrs. Planman).  Yes, my husband forgot to bloody my face -- but that's okay!  I got the deer!!!!!

Magicman

I just put a dot on the Magicwoman's face.  It's the thought that counts, plus you never want to annoy the cook.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

cutterboy

It's amazing what can happen after you get a Norwood. ;D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

WDH

Mrs. Planman,

You go girl!  Some nice venison stew is in order this winter  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ErikC

I too have a 7mm-08, mine is a browning A bolt. It's not my favorite gun but I do like it and the caliber is excellent. I get 3200 fps with a 145 gr barnes x-bullet.  That looks like a perfect shot by ms planman. It never gets old seeing what kind of things talented people can make with wood, your work looks very nice.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Planman1954

Thanks Eric. I tell everybody that I wish I had my Norwood 30 years ago, and I'd have built twice as much stuff during my life with all the lumber I have now.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Planman1954

Old thread...but here I am eight years later. I put a metal top over the wood shingles since they had deteriorated badly over time.....but other than that, it still works! First day of the season today. My daughter wants one deer, and I want two.

Two Trax

Nice job! Looks like you built it very heavy duty, should be around a long time. Hope you get some nice bucks from it!
Livin the dream!

Planman1954

Only seen one doe this year! They are not helping me....Oh yeah, I got her...she is now in my daughters freezer.

Thank You Sponsors!