iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade guide motor installation

Started by Chuck White, March 06, 2011, 06:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

I've had my blade guide motor off of the mill and also the mounting plate!

Had to clean the crud off of the little drive chain.

Now I'm trying to figure out how the chain is threaded.

It, of course, goes over the two big gears, but does the tensioner roller go under the chain as it goes across the top (pushing the chain up) and the gear on the motor goes on top of the chain as it goes across the top (pushing the chain down)?

The picture in the parts manual leaves a lot to be desired.

I think the bolt that the tensioner roller is on, actually goes inside the chain!

Again, unsure and frustrated.  :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

Chuck, the chain goes OVER the white roller, and UNDER the drive motor gear.    Or said another way, the white roller is under the chain , and the drive motor gear is over the chain.  

Just went out and looked to make sure.  You adjust the drive motor downward to tighten up the chain.  

good luck with one of the most annoying adjustments!!!

ps that's on my 2001 LT40
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

Thanks!

I know all about the "tricky adjustment".

I had the motor off once, way back when I first got the mill, but that time it was only off about 15 minutes, and this time it's been off for about a month!

The part that was most confusing was whether or not the roller was inside or outside of the chain!

Thanks again;  Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LeeB

I never remember to co so,but your camera is your friend.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sparks

Here is a diagram for future reference
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Chuck White

Thanks for the responses fellas!

Took a while, but I got the motor mounted back in place yesterday.

Tap a little, pry a little, turn a little, etc, etc, etc!

But now it's on and it works nice and smooth!

Thanks again.

r.man

That thing is as bad as the serpent belt on a car. I've had mine almost working but on the wrong way.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

sdunston

I dont know why WM doesn't use a linear actuator they are sealed,low curent draw and not that pricey.
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Chuck White

Probably a lot easier to mess with too, Sam!  ;D

isawlogs

I have had mine off a few times and have scratch my head as many times, its a very anoying peice to deal with. But once you have it on you look back and its so logick how it goes ya wonder how da hell ya could not figure it out in the first place .... Then the next time you remember how it was the last time and you do it all over again  ::) Last time I had it off I had brought the camera  ;D  guess when the batteries decided to have a recharge needed   :( ::)  :'(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: r.man on March 14, 2011, 11:58:11 AM
That thing is as bad as the serpent belt on a car. I've had mine almost working but on the wrong way.
I've had mine on where it ran backwards too.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!