iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rebuild stihl 011 avt

Started by Canadiana, April 30, 2016, 06:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadiana

My saw was made in 1980-82. Scoured piston rings and piston need to be replaced. Cylinder head is not scoured but has one tiny scratch (i may consider reusing cylinder head). This is my first rebuild. It is not really a money saving venture. I'm trying to find new parts but through my local stihl dealer but i have not been able to confirm correct parts. This saw has a 2.5ci (41cc) engine. I used a forum supporter to find used parts but for an engine rebuild, new parts are the best option. I need a piston and rings but also want a cylinder head, piston rod, piston to piston rod pin and piston rod bearings. I was hoping someone could help me find a place that has these parts. I also wondered how much people like their old 011 avt's. Thanks for reading
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

Texas-Jim

1120 020 1215
Cylinder with piston 38 mm

166.99 My supplier shoes it out of stock but it shows it be good part.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

Canadiana

Part number was abig help. I may have found parts and through a forum supporter. Thanks texas-jim

Canadiana

I can't find this kit in stock. Has somone replaced the cylinder on their stihl 009 or 010 with something other than the stock original. Maybe cylinders from a 018 or ms 180. If i do replace the cylinder with something else, how important will it be to stick to my original stroke length of 36mm?

Gearbox

Why are you replacing the big end bearing ? I think most rebuilds just do small end bearing ,pin and piston . replace jug if it needs it . Aftermarket works just fine . I just did a 272 to be used as a wood processer saw , I think it will run a 100 cord a year or more .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Canadiana

I think maybe i will reuse the bearings, they seemed ok and it will save me the trouble of tracking down replacements

dougand3

I really like my 011 AVT. I tend to grab it first for 10" or smaller stuff. As you rebuild, do know that other parts are probably tired...eg: Throttle cable can break, Kill switch can fail. High Idle knob can fail.
It's a fine old saw but rebuilding can get pricey.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Canadiana.  I trust that you checked with Scott at CHAINSAWR
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Gearbox

MM that's where I got my parts , shipped them quick to.
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Canadiana

Yes i did check with the forum supporter. I am still trying to avoid a poor canadian denomination exchange rate and international shipping for parts on a 35 yo saw. Lol. I am on the fence if i should buy there or part the saw out. I want the rebuild but it is not 'fiscally responsible '

Thank You Sponsors!