iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ESFPA membership?

Started by Old Greenhorn, March 04, 2019, 12:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

I would like to take a class in critical response for loggers. It seems the only ones within striking distance (2 hours drive) are sponsored by the Empire State Forest Products Association (ESFPA) and at no cost. Now I don't mind paying a fair price for the class, but they pay for these with a grant and they are only for their members. I called about getting a membership and it appears that they want over $200. for entry level as a landowner (unless you have over 250 acres, then they charge a per acre additional fee). This class is ONLY sponsored by this association in my state, so there seems to be no options, and I can't afford that kind of tipping fee for a single day class. 
 Does anybody know a 'work-around' for this? No, I am not trying to cheat anybody, as I said, I could pay a fair amount. Does anybody know of somebody else offering this class? I am just an old EMT that spends a lot of time in the woods and wanted to keep my skills up. I have a fair amount of rescue experience, this would be a good compliment. It's tough to get an education in this stuff when you are a lone wolf.
 As I said, doing this on my own, no company sponsor, so traveling to someplace that requires a hotel room overnight plus the cost of the class is probably not going to be workable either. Any suggestions welcome. I am in Eastern Ulster County, NY.
 (I hope I posted this in the right board, if not, admin, feel free to move. I took my best guess.)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!