iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bar oil additive

Started by Pullinchips, May 23, 2005, 08:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pullinchips

Any one know of something that can be added to bar oil to kill trees as you cut but not ruin the saw of give poor lubrication to the bar/sprocket/chain. I heard of something while in school but they also said that it would ruin your saw (very corrosive) but would kill trees after the cut.  This would be useful in cutting undesirable species and suppressed trees from around chosen trees or crop trees.

-nate
Resident Forester
US Army Corps of Engineers: Savannah District

Clemson Forestry Grad 2004
MFR Clemson University 2006
Stihl MS 390

sawguy21

Does not sound like something I want in the air I breathe. Probably start slobbering and develop a twitch. What about painting the stump with a suitable herbicide.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ernie

Carry a squirt bottle with 2:1 roundup and squirt a bit on the cambium layer of the stump, it doesn't take much.  Just remember to label the bottle well
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

JD_Kid

Hi ya
nost chem's would not mix to well with oil  so the list would be very small also  the rate of chem needed  i don't think your oiler could put eneff out   ..like ernie said a  squirt bottle  (old dishwashing  bottle) works ok  i was cutting out gorse and broom in a block   had a little  pump up 1/2 gal sprayer   with a mix of tordon and a penertrant  a bit of dye in there too helps if ya doing a lot ..try to cut the stump flat   and give it a good soaking  may use a bit more chem but ya don't go back ...there is a weed killing gel in NZ  that is ment to be very good but i have not used it or know the price  i think it lasts a while so could be handy to have  say if cutting up fire wood and ya see a  weed tree ya can  kill it while ya there  ,we all know the "get it next time "seems  not to work .....
catch ya
JD Kid
I used to smoke camels but found them hard to light and kicked to much

Thank You Sponsors!